Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/1/2010 5:28:18 PM   
Weidi72

USMC 2nd Pioneer Battalion, unit 5491 has 27 USMC pioneer sq. It should be an engineer unit. But it doesn`t seem to have this ability.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 331
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/1/2010 5:43:30 PM   
Don Bowen

USMC Pioneer Battalions were not engineer units in the proper sense. They were infantry units organized for cargo handling duirng amphibious operations. Their job was to get the supplies ashore, then fight.

(in reply to Weidi72)
Post #: 332
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/6/2010 10:12:40 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget
I have put the TF 6814 assets at the East Coast base with an arrival date in January 42.

It will be the player's job to find transportation to wherever he thinks the units should go.

Same principle applied to the other teleported units on the various atolls like Bora-Bora, Penryhn etc.

I am looking at doing the same thing. I would be very grateful for a list of such changes, if available. Or failing that, a copy of the scenario so I can more easily apply the same changes to my own mod.

Is anyone able to help with this request? I think a couple of people have modded Da babes to start the Americal in the USA (or Panama?).

Thanks,
Andrew

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 333
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/7/2010 8:35:27 PM   
vettim89

The problem with Americal (or 23rd ID) is not its arrival date in DaBigBabes but the fact that it arrives as restricted. Going by the arrival date in Melbourne, thee units were dispatched shortly after the war's start and should be freely deployable for Allied players. Its the units that magically appear at places like Raratonga (sp?), Bora Bora, Christmas Island and Midway that drive me nuts.

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 334
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/7/2010 8:50:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

The problem with Americal (or 23rd ID) is not its arrival date in DaBigBabes but the fact that it arrives as restricted. Going by the arrival date in Melbourne, thee units were dispatched shortly after the war's start and should be freely deployable for Allied players. Its the units that magically appear at places like Raratonga (sp?), Bora Bora, Christmas Island and Midway that drive me nuts.

I'm playing Scenario 28. One Americal regiment arrives in SF restricted. According to the schedule, the other two arrive unrestricted so you only need to buy out one regiment to combine the division. Or, you can move the other two regiments without buying them out.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 335
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/7/2010 10:36:29 PM   
vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

I'm playing Scenario 28. One Americal regiment arrives in SF restricted. According to the schedule, the other two arrive unrestricted so you only need to buy out one regiment to combine the division. Or, you can move the other two regiments without buying them out.

We are playing an earlier version where all three RGTS had to be bought out. I think they changed that in the latest release. I think we started on DBBv2.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 336
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/19/2010 1:27:21 PM   
Herrbear

Rjopel discovered this in the regular scenario and it is also in Da Babes --

Device upgrade loop.

I checked a couple of different scenarios and it's in all that I checked.

Device 973 KNIL Rifle Squad upgrades to Device 996 KNIL Rifle Squad 45.

Device 996 KNIL Rifle Squad 45 upgrades to Device 973 KNIL Rifle Squad.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 337
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/21/2010 6:53:24 PM   
Tijanski

I have been looking at all the threads and can't find the right one to post in so it will have to be here. Sorry but if I am wrong please say where I can go.

The babes mod seems to be different from AE but it is somehow connected but all I read is overwhelming. I like it do not get me wrong, but I can't get a handle on what the differences are. There are some code? differences and some data!!! differences and just what is going on here?

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 338
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/21/2010 7:31:11 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tijanski

I have been looking at all the threads and can't find the right one to post in so it will have to be here. Sorry but if I am wrong please say where I can go.

The babes mod seems to be different from AE but it is somehow connected but all I read is overwhelming. I like it do not get me wrong, but I can't get a handle on what the differences are. There are some code? differences and some data!!! differences and just what is going on here?

OOOO you will be seriously bitch slapped for the mear mentioning that DaBabes have code differences. LOL

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 339
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/21/2010 7:39:37 PM   
witpqs

Tijanski,

There are no code differences, only different scenario data.

Buck is referring to a disagreement a long time ago that was controversial. (You're scaring the new guy, Buck! )

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 340
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/23/2010 6:53:03 PM   
Tijanski

Look, I don’t know what I am allowed to say or not and that is all bull. All I want to know is how to play this game. Everybody on the main forum says it sucks and everything is broken and nothing works like it supposed to. And I come here and everything is fine, and everything is better than it is supposed to be. But to make this happen the designers made some new units with some new code and some new data. I am confused and want to know what is really going on.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 341
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/23/2010 7:22:13 PM   
stuman

quote:

Look, I don’t know what I am allowed to say or not and that is all bull. All I want to know is how to play this game. Everybody on the main forum says it sucks and everything is broken and nothing works like it supposed to. And I come here and everything is fine, and everything is better than it is supposed to be. But to make this happen the designers made some new units with some new code and some new data. I am confused and want to know what is really going on.

Hello Tijanski. Welcome to the game. For what it is worth, I am a long time gamer ( going back to various board games decades ago ) and have come to think that this is the most complex, enjoyable, time consuming game out there. It is, imo, by far the best entertainment value per dollar in this genre. And of course it is not perfect.

I know this post does not answer your question per se, but my humble advice is to ignore most of the posters in the main forum for now, spend time in here, read through posts in the general areas, and the AARs, and in the mod section , and the tech threads as well. Be patient, this is a monster game in so many respects. But it is a great gaming experience if grand strategy, as well as some micro managing is your cup of tea.

As far as the " Babes " mod goes, I am in no way an expert, but the guys who did the work are ( at least in my humble opinion ) and basically they did a mountain of research and added a bunch of units, and tweaked some guns and stuff, and added and subtracted some units here and there and did some other stuff all to make the game perhaps be a bit more realistic in thier eyes, and maybe slow down tempo in a few ways , all using the editor. My understanding is that they did not do work on the code itself.

The above is all based upon my imperfect understanding of this particular mod. But having played it extensively I can tell you that it is a lot of fun .

< Message edited by stuman -- 12/23/2010 7:33:39 PM >

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 342
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/23/2010 7:27:05 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Buck was just kidding around, honestly. Probably poor judgement as it obviously didn't communicate well.

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 343
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/23/2010 10:40:46 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

Tijanski,

I have been playing wargames since 1980... that makes it 30 years now. I have owned and/or played no less than 200 titles (maybe closer to 300), both board and computer. And this game is, without a doubt, the best one I have ever played. It is not perfect, not by a long shot, but I rate games using the concept of "good enough"... is it good enough as a simulation? Yes, it is. Is it good enough as a game? Yes. Is the interface good enough to let me enjoy the game? Yes. So far, the game has gotten better with each patch, and the patches keep on coming. The developers, coders, testers, and support team of this game are VERY, VERY good (note: I am not one of them... wish I had the knowledge, time and the... brass ones to be a part of it... alas, I do not), much better than most. DaBigBabes made a good gaming simulation even better as both a game and as a simulation.

Sure, there are those who disagree with me. Their specific fields of knowledge being so deep, they find things they consider wrong. I just have the perspective of the amateur historian and wargamer. I enjoy it, a lot. Once you get through a steep learning curve, you realize that it is not as impossible as you once thought. Then, enjoyment starts. Then, unusual plans are made, executed and, some, with success. Try it. I am sure you will enjoy it very, very much.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 344
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/23/2010 10:58:02 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

Well Buck was kidding but be advised that the issue that DaBabe boys tweaked the original game code for the mod and the Standard game player's did not have access to said changes caused a mountain of misunderstanding and general mayhem. I do not wish to see this all boil over again. Witpqs has said there is/was no code changes and stuman as well. If you wish, suggest to JWE that there are code changes.

Having said that the "data" has been extensively changed to where from that aspect it is a whole different game and a micro-manager's wet dream. And, it is cutting edge where some of the items tweaked for the mod as made it over to be included in the Standard game.

As to how to play it, take stuman's advice and review the various threads and play around with it.

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 345
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/23/2010 11:29:00 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

quote:

Hello Tijanski. Welcome to the game. For what it is worth, I am a long time gamer ( going back to various board games decades ago ) and have come to think that this is the most complex, enjoyable, time consuming game out there. It is, imo, by far the best entertainment value per dollar in this genre. And of course it is not perfect.

I know this post does not answer your question per se, but my humble advice is to ignore most of the posters in the main forum for now, spend time in here, read through posts in the general areas, and the AARs, and in the mod section , and the tech threads as well. Be patient, this is a monster game in so many respects. But it is a great gaming experience if grand strategy, as well as some micro managing is your cup of tea.

As far as the " Babes " mod goes, I am in no way an expert, but the guys who did the work are ( at least in my humble opinion ) and basically they did a mountain of research and added a bunch of units, and tweaked some guns and stuff, and added and subtracted some units here and there and did some other stuff all to make the game perhaps be a bit more realistic in thier eyes, and maybe slow down tempo in a few ways , all using the editor. My understanding is that they did not do work on the code itself.

The above is all based upon my imperfect understanding of this particular mod. But having played it extensively I can tell you that it is a lot of fun .

And:

Original: Kitakami:

Tijanski,

I have been playing wargames since 1980... that makes it 30 years now. I have owned and/or played no less than 200 titles (maybe closer to 300), both board and computer. And this game is, without a doubt, the best one I have ever played. It is not perfect, not by a long shot, but I rate games using the concept of "good enough"... is it good enough as a simulation? Yes, it is. Is it good enough as a game? Yes. Is the interface good enough to let me enjoy the game? Yes. So far, the game has gotten better with each patch, and the patches keep on coming. The developers, coders, testers, and support team of this game are VERY, VERY good (note: I am not one of them... wish I had the knowledge, time and the... brass ones to be a part of it... alas, I do not), much better than most. DaBigBabes made a good gaming simulation even better as both a game and as a simulation.

Sure, there are those who disagree with me. Their specific fields of knowledge being so deep, they find things they consider wrong. I just have the perspective of the amateur historian and wargamer. I enjoy it, a lot. Once you get through a steep learning curve, you realize that it is not as impossible as you once thought. Then, enjoyment starts. Then, unusual plans are made, executed and, some, with success. Try it. I am sure you will enjoy it very, very much.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

Tijanski -

stuman and Kitakami are bang on and have summed it up very well.

Admirals Edition is a huge game, very deep and complex. The AE Team, building on the original War in the Pacific, did a magnificent job, culminating in a First Class game. AE was a Labor of Love - the Team put their hearts and souls into it, and it really shows. Stock - "as is" AE, has all of the above - and I chose my words carefully. But - stock AE is like taking the Porsche out on the Highway - and staying within the speed limit - it really does not make full use - in my humble opinion - of AE's in game potential. The Big Babes - and it's little brother - Babes Lite - takes you over the speed limit and kicks the RPM's up by a thousand or so. And the Team has neither reached the limit nor finished yet.

So - I respectfully suggest that you try it on for size, and form your own opinions, reach your own conclusions. Any questions, challenges or concerns that you might have will be answered by the men and women on the forum, in an expeditious manner. That has been my experience. The standard of help - in any form - is very high.

We do hope you will join us - in the fast lane.

EL Mac (that's Mac in Spanish)

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 12/24/2010 5:36:00 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 346
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/24/2010 4:55:40 PM   
JWE

Hi Tijanski.
The people here know the game and the scenarios very well. Have nothing to add to their take on things. These people know what's up and are even driving this to greater heights.

There is no magic, or special code for Babes. Babes uses the regular stock code and is not different. The code "allows" things that stock doesn't use, but Babes does. No magic, just some thought. So the data is different.

Don't know or care about what people complain about on the main forum. Hundreds of people have downloaded and play Babes; thousands of people have downloaded and play stock, without any issues. These hundreds and thousands do not post. The 6 or 7 screaming whiners (out of thousands) are the majority of posters so you will get a very skewed view of the game from these forums.

The game is not broken. If you believe that nonsense, then you should go elsewhere. If you like the game, then listen to what the actual players are saying. I recommed, highly, that you get a PBEM partner for one of the short scenarios and play it. Once you do that, you will be in a much better position to understand all the self-absorbed, anal-retentive, wet owl manure that appears on the main forum.

Ciao. John

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 347
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 12/25/2010 6:30:12 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

...Don't know or care about what people complain about on the main forum. Hundreds of people have downloaded and play Babes; thousands of people have downloaded and play stock, without any issues. These hundreds and thousands do not post. The 6 or 7 screaming whiners (out of thousands) are the majority of posters so you will get a very skewed view of the game from these forums.

The game is not broken. If you believe that nonsense, then you should go elsewhere. If you like the game, then listen to what the actual players are saying. I recommed, highly, that you get a PBEM partner for one of the short scenarios and play it. Once you do that, you will be in a much better position to understand all the self-absorbed, anal-retentive, wet owl manure that appears on the main forum.

Ciao. John

Woof! (tm)

Plus I would add that very often the comments are based on very poor play and complete lack of understanding/knowledge of the subject matter.

Alfred

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 348
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 1/7/2011 2:37:07 PM   
Weidi72

14th, 16th, and 23rd LRP brigades (units 6718, 6719 and 6720) are infantry units ingame. the toe of the 14th includes motorized support. shoulnd't they be airmobile?

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 349
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 1/12/2011 7:12:45 AM   
Bliztk

Land unit ID 4177 - 26th Engineer Rgt has 0 in TOE line 1.

Should have 48. When I click on Show TOE in the editor it points to 267, I guess that its something hardcoded

Post #: 350
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/19/2011 11:50:15 PM   
vettim89

Not sure if this one has been posted yet or not. I think the arrival bases for ComSoPac and ComNoPac are supposed to be reversed

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 351
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/20/2011 1:04:39 PM   
treespider

Not sure if this is a problem or not, or as already been pointed out ...

Found Unit 6709 - 3/16th Punjab Battalion -with Devices 251 & 252 listed twice.

It almost appears as if 6709 were merged over an older unit in a spreadsheet as device slot 10 is blank but 11 through 17 contain devices.

Been away for a while so not sure if that is intentional or not?

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 352
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/20/2011 1:17:25 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

It almost appears as if 6709 were merged over an older unit in a spreadsheet as device slot 10 is blank but 11 through 17 contain devices.

Same situation seems to apply to:

Unit 6710- 5/2 Punjab
Unit 6731- 4/14 Punjab

In addition it may also apply to Units 6736, 6737 and 6738 as they also have the same designations for slots 11-20

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 353
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/26/2011 8:34:05 PM   
Nomad

I see that version 4 of DBB is dated 10/29/2010 and it looks like there might be some additional items to be changed. I am wondering if there is a plan to have a version 5 released at some time?

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 354
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/27/2011 9:55:15 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I see that version 4 of DBB is dated 10/29/2010 and it looks like there might be some additional items to be changed. I am wondering if there is a plan to have a version 5 released at some time?

Yours is the best sig around. Just wanted you to know.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 355
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/27/2011 2:11:38 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

quote:

Same situation seems to apply to:

Unit 6710- 5/2 Punjab
Unit 6731- 4/14 Punjab

In addition it may also apply to Units 6736, 6737 and 6738 as they also have the same designations for slots 11-20

Is it possible to get an acknowledgment of this issue so we can change it ourselves if necessary?

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 356
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/28/2011 12:55:01 PM   
JWE

Been busy. Fix 09, 10, and 31; 36, 37, 38 are ok.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 357
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 2/28/2011 2:35:37 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Been busy. Fix 09, 10, and 31; 36, 37, 38 are ok.

I understand you have been working on a lot lately.

Buck

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 358
RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata - 3/2/2011 8:38:21 PM   
noguaranteeofsanity

Not sure if it is intentional or not, but LCU #5550 1st Port Maintenance Engineer Battalion, has the TOE set as 2469, which is a base maintenance engineer battalion, instead of 2468 like the other port maintenance engineers.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 359
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: DaBigBabes Beta errata Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI