Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Demo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demo - 6/9/2010 11:27:42 PM   
Arjuna

Hi all,

Just to let you know Paul has finished the demo beta and it's out for testing now. Hopefully we can wrap this up soon.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Post #: 1
RE: Demo - 6/10/2010 12:48:57 AM   
Sheytan

Great news. Looking foreward to it.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo - 6/11/2010 4:12:23 PM   
Tophat1815

Status?

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo - 6/12/2010 12:22:20 AM   
Arjuna

Slight delay our internet set top box blew up yesterday and being a public holiday on Monday they can't replace it till Tuesday. This means Paul, whose taking the lead on the Demo, can't access our server. He needs to do that to wrap up some final touches. Once he does that we need to get Matrix to build the installer and test it. Then it will be made publically available. My guess is another two weeks.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 4
RE: Demo - 6/12/2010 12:31:04 AM   
bretg80

NP, I'll have my copy next week on Father's day. Well I hope I will

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: Demo - 6/26/2010 5:31:16 PM   
pizzagrenadier

hello, just wondering what's the status on the demo? also do you plan to release the rest of the 4 tutorial videos?  or do they come with the demo.

btw, long time lurker here,( since HTTR , love this war game engine )  finally registered today. :)

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 6
RE: Demo - 6/26/2010 9:28:24 PM   
billyjj

Would be great to play a demo than we can see what all the HUGE fuss is about this game before we shell out our life savings

(in reply to pizzagrenadier)
Post #: 7
RE: Demo - 6/26/2010 10:21:45 PM   
Sheytan

What ever did happen to the "demo"? Seems to have been forgotten apparently. Well im shelving any desire I might have had to play this game. Elemental will be out soon and hopefully Vainglory of Nations will be out this year as well. Pretty much the only two titles im determined to buy at this point. Good luck one and all with this one. I do also note there seems to be a considerable array of issues posted in the tech support section some of which in thier oversight is actually stunning considering the price, and the hype that surrounded this game. Pity...

(in reply to billyjj)
Post #: 8
RE: Demo - 6/27/2010 12:29:20 AM   
Panther Paul

Hi,

We have decided to roll the fixes made to the game into the demo, especially the CTD errors that have been fixed, plus the Estab issues that have been identified as well.

I will be putting together the Demo build today and uploading to Matrix so they can create the Demo installer package.

Once thats done we will test it to make sure all is OK, so sometime this week it should be up and ready to download.

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 9
RE: Demo - 6/27/2010 2:26:51 AM   
pizzagrenadier

thanks for the update paul.

what about the rest of the tutorial videos , are they included in the demo too?

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 10
RE: Demo - 6/27/2010 11:26:39 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Paul

Hi,

We have decided to roll the fixes made to the game into the demo, especially the CTD errors that have been fixed, plus the Estab issues that have been identified as well.

I will be putting together the Demo build today and uploading to Matrix so they can create the Demo installer package.

Once thats done we will test it to make sure all is OK, so sometime this week it should be up and ready to download.

Since the fixes will be placed in the demo this week, does this mean the patch will also be coming out this week for everyone else who has the game?

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 11
RE: Demo - 6/27/2010 2:52:11 PM   

I hope this also.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 12
RE: Demo - 6/28/2010 12:41:43 AM   
smithcorp

Looking forward to the demo too.

(in reply to Topo)
Post #: 13
RE: Demo - 6/28/2010 1:01:20 AM   
wodin

I will put money on the fact that the demo will get certain people on here who can wax lyrical about how the game isn't worth the money...sad but true...

I hope it gets more people buying this great game...again I state I feel it's worth the money because of the Est Editor...this will eventually give the game legs...

A demo is just a little taster of what the game offers and more importantly what other scenarios can and will be made for the game.

(in reply to smithcorp)
Post #: 14
RE: Demo - 6/28/2010 1:28:46 PM   
RockinHarry

I´m following topics in this board for some time and am very interested to try the demo. So what will be the limitations of this demo? I guess it will include just one tutorial scenario and won´t have the editors included, right?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Demo - 6/28/2010 5:11:00 PM   
Ikazuchi0585

80 bucks really isnt that much though. If you save money, you get back what you spent pretty fast.
The only computer games I've seen that cost $80 is this and WITP. I was hesitant at first b/c nobody really wants to spend 80 bucks on a game. IMHO though, they are both worth every cent. Besides, I dont think a company would charge 80 bucks for a crappy, buggy unpolished game.

the three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "why is it doing that?", "where are we?" and "oh s--t!!!!"

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 16
RE: Demo - 6/28/2010 7:16:15 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinHarry

I´m following topics in this board for some time and am very interested to try the demo. So what will be the limitations of this demo? I guess it will include just one tutorial scenario and won´t have the editors included, right?

Yes that's right. The Demo will include the tutorial scenario only and no editors.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 17
RE: Demo - 6/29/2010 4:24:47 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinHarry

Yes that's right. The Demo will include the tutorial scenario only and no editors.

Looking forward to it!

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 18
RE: Demo - 6/29/2010 7:44:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

We have a few other things on our plate, but we're hoping to finish a release candidate for the demo by the end of this week. If it doesn't go out this week, it should be a definite for next week.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Demo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI