Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arjuna at Origins War College

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Arjuna at Origins War College Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arjuna at Origins War College - 6/4/2010 3:52:04 AM   
Arjuna

Hi all,

I'll be attending the Origins War College ( OWC ) later this month - 24th and 25th of June. The OWC is run inconjunction with the Origins game convention held each year in Columbus Ohio. See: http://www.originsgamefair.com/

I'll be helping out with James Sterrett's terrific presentations on the use of sims in the military and in particular on the session where he talks about BFTB. I'll also be participating in the Future of Wargaming discussion forum there too. I'd be delighted to meet with any gamers while I'm there.

< Message edited by Arjuna -- 6/4/2010 3:56:01 AM >

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Post #: 1
RE: Arjuna at Origins War College - 6/4/2010 4:18:31 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna
I'll also be participating in the Future of Wargaming discussion forum there too.

Will it cover business models, pricing policies and attracting new players? (...in addition to just talking about technical advancements and future simulation capabilities)

I'm just worried about the future of pc wargaming and hope someone comes up with a business model that is both beneficial to developers and gamers. In the board wargame industry, they are mostly using the P500 strategy. That resulted into a new generation of board wargames and players as well. Hope the computer wargame industry figures out something nice.

< Message edited by jomni -- 6/4/2010 7:06:14 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 2
RE: Arjuna at Origins War College - 6/4/2010 11:26:24 AM   
blastpop

Too bad you aren't going to the WBC the first week of August in Lancaster, PA. A lot of wargaming, tournaments and hobby personalities. In my humble opinion, Origins isn't as good for wargaming as it once was. Tho the "Cabbies" have certainly helped.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Arjuna at Origins War College - 6/4/2010 4:32:03 PM   
James Sterrett

In fact, we won't simply be talking about BFTB.... we're going to run a staff exercise using it, in the same manner as a staff exercise at the US Army Command & General Staff College.

If you're in attendance at one of these seminars on Thursday, 24 June, (one each using Flashpoint Germany, Decisive Action, and BFTB), you should expect to be assigned a staff role, taught the basics of that role, taught the basics of the Military Decision-Making Process (the formal operations planning process), walked through conducting that process to create a plan, and then execute that plan.

You'll get a taste of being a staff officer, in an exercise driven by a simulation you can buy.

In addition, on Friday, we'll be holding a panel discussion - audience participation is highly encouraged! - on military & commercial simulations; and I'll be giving a talk in the evening on "bite sized games" we're developing at CGSC; this will include playing at least one of them and possibly more.

Plus, the rest of the Origins War College has other talks on games, a large slate of talks on current and historical military events (David Glantz is a regular and prolific presenter, for you Eastern Front fans)... and oh-by-the-way there's the rest of Origins to attend as well.

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Arjuna at Origins War College Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI