Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windowed mode?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Windowed mode? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 1:40:06 AM   
henri51

Is it possible to play the game in windowed mode? It plays fine at all resolutions, but always in full screen.

I play on a Mac using Windows XP on Bootcamp, but the Mac keyboard does not have a print screen button and the functions that work under the Mac OS do not work under Windows. I tried various key combinations and none seem to work. What DOES work is the virtual keyboard under /programs/accessories, but I can't use it with the game because it is under the game screen, and if I reduce the screen (for example by pressing the minimize button) then there is no game image to capture.

If the game were in a window, I could get the keyboard screen from under the game screen....

Henri

OK I found out how to do a screen capture on a Mac thin keyboard in Windows (fn-shift-F11). It can be different on other keyboards, and they are all explained on a web sitge that I forgot to note.

< Message edited by henri51 -- 5/31/2010 2:49:40 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 2:38:29 AM   
sabre100

I agree windowed mode would be huge please add it in a future patch. Please support your loyal customers who paid so much for this game like myself and add this simple request for us.. Thank you

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 2
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 3:19:20 AM   
Bamilus

Windowed mode would be nice but just in case potential buyers are reading I should note:

The game is VERY alt-tab friendly and the game also has a minimize button on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 3
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 3:35:34 AM   
Panther Paul

And doesn't every one have two monitors these days

At least thats what my 14 year old son wanted for his birthday, a gaming mouse and a second monitor!

Now their talking about the new 3 monitor standard, sheeesh

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 4
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 3:54:12 AM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Paul

At least thats what my 14 year old son wanted for his birthday, a gaming mouse and a second monitor!

hey Paul what does 2 monitors do with BFTB, just show more ground or what?
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 5
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 4:25:54 AM   
Panther Paul

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Paul

hey Paul what does 2 monitors do with BFTB, just show more ground or what?
Ron

No, BTFB only uses one monitor (Dave keeps pestering me to make a change so he can choose which monitor it uses though!).

It lets you run the tutorials in parralel with the game, or get on with other things while keeping track of the game while it plays through the night if things are quiet (although don't blmae me if you miss that enamy incursion because you were distracted updating your Facebook profile!).

When we started development (on the Mac!) the game was windowed and you could have multiple map windows open. But it just did not work, lack of screen realestate made it cumbersome and the CPU load was to big. So we moved to what we have now. Of course, now screen realestate is not an issue on most desktop machines! It would be nice to have two (or more) map windows now. Say the current setup on one screen so you can do your focused planning etc, and a window on your other monitor so you could keep an eye on the whole battle, or drill down on the action far removed from where you are working. We can dream I guess

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 6
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 5:13:49 AM   
Andrew Williams

When you alt-Tab out of the game does the game stop or keep running in the background?

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 7
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 5:59:03 AM   
Fred98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams
When you alt-Tab out of the game does the game stop or keep running in the background?

If you want ideas for a strategic layer for Close Combat, get SSG's Battlefront and play the Market Garden scenario. And get BftB as well.

Each game has features that could be utilised in a strategic layer of Close Combat.

-

< Message edited by Joe 98 -- 5/31/2010 6:01:36 AM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 8
RE: Windowed mode? - 5/31/2010 9:11:59 AM   
daft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

It keeps running unless you pause the game if I'm not misstaken.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Windowed mode? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI