Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Matrix members lets all chill...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Matrix members lets all chill... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 5/31/2010 2:25:09 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

Let all geeks and nerds unite under the banner of wargaming.

And then we can go track down all the dorks and beat the stuffing out of them!

I'm in.

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 31
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 5/31/2010 2:36:12 AM   
sabre100

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmurphy625

Also big KUDOS for Erik and Matrix for allowing free debates to go on.. Other Game sites would shut honest open discussion down.. That is one reason I am a big fan of Matrix!!!

I have purchased lots of Matrix games and I said I would not get Battles of the Bulge at least not right away but perhaps down the road due to sticker shock. However since Matrix has allowed such free discussions about pricing and letting users raise their concerns without hitting back or shutting down the thread I decided to purchase the game to support them for it.

(in reply to htuna)
Post #: 32
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 12:43:42 AM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I'm not sure and I hope I'm wrong but it seems we may have attracted some unhealthy elements
...please god let it not be so....

Muahhahaaa!!

Yes, I've arrived. Hang your heads and weep of the black days to come!

Those of you who are Gellin' Like A Felon will get their shoe inserts burned. On an airliner. Because I placed explosives in them when you weren't looking. I also hid a long dead fish somewhere in your house. Let's see if you can sniff it out this summer!

Very Good, NefariousKoel, you hit my funny bone full bore with your reply.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 33
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 12:45:37 AM   
Zap

Sabre 1,

Just call me Zapette.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 34
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 1:03:11 AM   
IronDuke_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Great.. now we have 'geek' vs. 'nerd' wars. Wodin, it's folks like you that cause unrest.

P.S. Geeks rulz.

He was much scarier when he was known as Wodin, now he's told us his name is Jason, I can't help feeling some of the dread just slip away.....

Coming from the north of England, I am probably more of a Dork. I will need to think carefully about whether to side with the Geeks or the Nerds.

I thought you were studying the last time we chatted. Doesn't that make you a &*$% rather than a Geek?

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 35
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 2:53:19 AM   
sabre1

My pleasure Zapette.

Nerds are good in my book, but well DORKS are a whole nuther matter.

Hang all the dorks...

(in reply to IronDuke_slith)
Post #: 36
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 5:34:53 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Anyone for a game of Broodwars Armageddon? Many of you are edible.

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 37
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 6:13:27 AM   
lordhoff

quote:

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Not to change the subject but, which one? I was hooked on the middle (?) one (although I played the first one -with the square "hexes"). My gem had number counters under the formation type (column/line and line counters could be L/R angled, straight, or salient).

OK - the subject. There's a difference? What is Spock- I'm kind of like him (logical, deliberate, good athlete) but with a strange sense of humor.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 38
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 12:27:15 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordhoff

quote:

Not to change the subject but, which one? I was hooked on the middle (?) one (although I played the first one -with the square "hexes"). My gem had number counters under the formation type (column/line and line counters could be L/R angled, straight, or salient).

OK - the subject. There's a difference? What is Spock- I'm kind of like him (logical, deliberate, good athlete) but with a strange sense of humor.

Good question, while I was hooked on all of them, sadly it was the original square version that started me off. My first personal purchase of a game was AH Afrika Corp, which was followed by most every game AH release for several years. Of course I also had a subscription to the Genreral magazine for many years as well.

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 39
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/2/2010 2:51:46 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordhoff

quote:

I'm not sure exactly where "Gettysburg 77" falls in the pantheon of Avalon Hill games devoted to the subject:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1575/gettysburg-1977-edition

AH actually did an earlier, hex-based version that was something of a fiasco:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/89926/gettysburg

The publisher apparently forgot to increase the movement increment when they went from a grid of 1-inch squares to much smaller hexes!

Afrika Korps is still one of my favorite boardgames.

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 40
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/3/2010 12:59:16 AM   
sabre1

Let's really go off topic, I LOVED Afrika Korps. It is the best period. Of course PB, and WSIM were right up there too.

Back on topic: POE wuzzz up you freaking NERD! Playing boardgames at your age, sheeeesh. Of course you ain't no DORK, so you are OK in my book.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 41
RE: Matrix members lets all chill... - 6/3/2010 3:02:00 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Back on topic: POE wuzzz up you freaking NERD! Playing boardgames at your age, sheeeesh. Of course you ain't no DORK, so you are OK in my book.

I'm so old that no one is really sure what year that I was born in. There's an ugly rumor going around that an autopsy will have to be performed on my passing so that a botanist can count my rings and properly rule on the issue, once and for all. Idle speculation, mind you, but ruminant for thought, nonetheless.

I love boardgames. At least part of it's manipulatives, cardboard counters in this case. I enjoy miniatures for the same reason. And I've always been fascinated by maps. IMHO, a computer monitor, even a big-honkin' LCD, can't do them justice. Finally, there's the assassin in me. I take great satisfaction in looking an opponent in the eye when I humbly announce his demise, "thanks for the game; it's been great."

AK could turn a tournament player's knees into jelly. The interaction between the supply, automatic-victory and fortress rules was such that what appeared certain at the end of a move could be wiped away at a moments notice, in the wisp of a sigh, or the wipe of a brow, gestures in portent of a scheme gone wrong. Moments like that are what my hobby is all about.

And thanks for the call on the dork-business. My spawn will be greatly relieved.

< Message edited by Prince of Eckmühl -- 6/3/2010 3:59:37 AM >

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Matrix members lets all chill... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI