Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thank you Panther Games :)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Thank you Panther Games :) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thank you Panther Games :) - 5/27/2010 6:57:52 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

It WILL be sad when the usual 'we hate Les' club arrives to crap on the thread, but I'm only hear to thank Panther Games for this title. As such, after this post, my mission will be accomplished, and I won't need to communicate with the losers any way.

Great job guys!.

Liking the game so far even if only a brief intro playing so far.

No manual? Like I care. I've seen manuals of the past, you did the right thing not wasting paper trying to insert a manual that always ends up a faded nearly unreadable light grey text with washed out grey toned illustrations. They just ain't worth it.

Besides, the industry is rapidly producing fine electronic pdf readers as we speak.

I went with just the download, because I mastered how to make a nice looking jacket cover and file burned to disc years ago. Maybe the rest of my wargaming brethern should give it a go and stop complaining.

Hoping you guys are already plotting out the next game. I've got a long list of suggestions I might offer :)
Russian Front is cliche, but so what. I'd love something Arab Israeli conflict though.

The price was steep and I confess a surprise. I find two 40 dollar ho hum games are not better than 1 great 8o dollar game though. Quality before quantity. Never hesitate to sell it for what it's worth. They taught me in business, that if you price it cheap, people think it is cheap. Yeah it would be grand to have your game able to cover the entire war hehehe. It would be grand if I had my hair back too eh :)

Not all of us are unhappy or unsupportive. And I post just so that I am able to claim to being one of the happy crowd.

Now be off and start making my next game purchase :)

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Post #: 1
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 5/27/2010 7:16:04 PM   
JudgeDredd

Les

I hate to think you'd think of me as one of the lets hate Les club members...but really...you start posts using these kind of statements - it only really serves one purpose as they aren't (rightly or wrongly) going to let you get your snipe in and walk off...it's almost like you bait them. I know pretty much of whom you speak - but I can't help at times thinking you do entice them out the woodwork.

And I love how EVERYONE is mentioning the "2 $40 ho hum games" all of a sudden. What? All of a sudden every $40 game is ho hum? There are plenty of games out there worthy of $40. So alot of people aren't being asked to replace 2 ho-hum games with an $80 game. Alot of people are being asked to leave 2 great $40 games for one great $80 game.

I've seen some scathing posts on these threads - mostly from newcomers (where the hell did they spring from!) - some from old hats and I'm sorry that the whole topic has come to scathing attacks. Kind of destroys the years I've been here. Whatever - I suddenly feel like I don't know the people I had grown to "know"...I think it's time for a breather here...the whole debate and the way people are acting (accusations of foot stamping and kiddies) is just getting me down.

This is probably my payback for sticking up for the cost of Across the Dnepr2. I suppose what goes around comes around. This game, it's release were meant to be the highlight of the last couple of years here for me...however it's pricing and the way people have got personal...I'm very sad about all this at the moment.

Don't worry - I won't let the door hit me on the way out (just in case any smart arses wanted to through that in)...Big Bill from Limassol checking out

Goodnight all

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 5/27/2010 8:15:26 PM   
mjk428

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
...it's almost like you bait them.

Almost.

This thread is pure, albeit clumsy, troll.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 5/27/2010 8:35:52 PM   
Hertston

quote:

And I love how EVERYONE is mentioning the "2 $40 ho hum games" all of a sudden. What? All of a sudden every $40 game is ho hum? There are plenty of games out there worthy of $40. So alot of people aren't being asked to replace 2 ho-hum games with an $80 game. Alot of people are being asked to leave 2 great $40 games for one great $80 game.

'Tis true. Of the four or five games I've played most over the last couple of years I think only Distant Worlds cost me more than twenty quid, before DLC anyway.

At the risk of being seen Les bashing I could without the lecture, though. I haven't bitched about the price as I'm sure to many it will be worth it. I'm just not one of them, we all have our price threshold albeit sometimes for very different reasons, and BftB has been released costing more than I'm prepared to pay for it. So be it, I'll wait for a sale, as I did with WitP.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 5/27/2010 8:39:58 PM   
GBS

I read the above post from both Les and Judge.......I support Les and thanks for the game Panther. Sorry if my attitude pisses some folks off.

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 5
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 6/1/2010 12:39:02 AM   
wodin

JD,

I hope you haven't bu##erd off for good.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 6/1/2010 1:01:38 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

A lot of $40 games cut corners on stuff like the AI and Command & Control. Personally, I got fed up with babysitting simulators that often have a barely functional AI.
Of course, I find some of them fun for some time, so they probably aren't literally ho-hum but I'm really disappointed with their flaws, particularly with developers not put enough (or rather any) effort into making a game where I'm playing a commander, not a babysitter.
Airborne Assault series is practically the only one that I get recommended when asking about games that have a sensible Command & Control.

So, recommend me a great $40 wargame that has a good AI and sensible command & control, I'll gladly try it out.

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 6/1/2010 1:04:13 AM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 7
RE: Thank you Panther Games :) - 6/1/2010 1:08:14 AM   
goodwoodrw

I have been around here for a while and would fair to say that JD is one of the characters of this forum, and he loves to spend a buck or 2 on games, I may be wrong, but I bet u sooner or later he'll purchase this game.
Ron

< Message edited by BASB -- 6/1/2010 9:55:28 AM >

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Thank you Panther Games :) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI