Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 4:07:01 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretg80

I think the guys who are complaining here on price never were planning to buy the game in the first place.

Not true. I was planning to buy. Purchased now delayed because of other priorities. I may / will eventually buy this anyway. Just hoping price would be reduced. But I guess it won't happen.

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 571
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 4:58:18 AM   
bretg80

Why complain about price? You aren't buying a car here. This isn't a dealer you are trying to negotiate with. The game authors spent a lot of time and effort to build a great game and the best you guys can do is dish them on their forum about price.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I would agree with you if this was a terrible game, but it is a great game made by a good company.

What if you were one of the developers. How would you feel? This is their profession and they take pride in their work.

I'm not proud of the so called gamers on this thread who are whining. You are all better than this, or at least you should be.

Think about it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

quote:

I think the guys who are complaining here on price never were planning to buy the game in the first place.

Not true. I was planning to buy. Purchased now delayed because of other priorities. I may / will eventually buy this anyway. Just hoping price would be reduced. But I guess it won't happen.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 572
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 4:59:42 AM   
Knavery

quote:

I think the guys who are complaining here on price never were planning to buy the game in the first place. They just like something to whine about. If you are a serious wargamer and you appreciate the time and effort that is put into a good game, then you don't complain about it, you save your money and you buy it.

I think those of you who are whining aren't REAL GAMERS, you're pacifists with too much time on your hands. Real gamers bought the game and are playing it or are reading the boards, saving their money and waiting until they can afford to purchase it.

This thread is not only the most ridiculous diatribe I have ever seen, it's the most wasted time any group of people have spent their time on. I feel bad that the good gamers have become bogged down debating this topic with these time wasting whiners.

If you want something to complain about, go down to the Gulf and bother BP. Then you would be doing something constructive.

Geez, how lame. Now you just wasted some of my time.

There's nothing I hate more than someone who calls another a whiner. It's rude, condescending, and insulting. I also commented on the price in this thread as many others did. A lot of us provided some good arguments as to why we think it's too much green for a game. However, despite the cost, some of us plan on purchasing it. And I'm sure there are some on here who will never even consider it.

I'm so sorry that you feel that this is the most "ridiculous diatribe" you've ever seen. Personally speaking, the next time I post or reply to a thread, I'll think twice to ensure I don't piss you off.

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 573
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 5:10:48 AM   
bretg80

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavery

quote:

I think the guys who are complaining here on price never were planning to buy the game in the first place. They just like something to whine about. If you are a serious wargamer and you appreciate the time and effort that is put into a good game, then you don't complain about it, you save your money and you buy it.

I think those of you who are whining aren't REAL GAMERS, you're pacifists with too much time on your hands. Real gamers bought the game and are playing it or are reading the boards, saving their money and waiting until they can afford to purchase it.

This thread is not only the most ridiculous diatribe I have ever seen, it's the most wasted time any group of people have spent their time on. I feel bad that the good gamers have become bogged down debating this topic with these time wasting whiners.

If you want something to complain about, go down to the Gulf and bother BP. Then you would be doing something constructive.

There's nothing I hate more than someone who calls another a whiner. It's rude, condescending, and insulting. I also commented on the price in this thread as many others did. A lot of us provided some good arguments as to why we think it's too much green for a game. However, despite the cost, some of us plan on purchasing it. And I'm sure there are some on here who will never even consider it.

I'm so sorry that you feel that this is the most "ridiculous diatribe" you've ever seen. Personally speaking, the next time I post or reply to a thread, I'll think twice to ensure I don't piss you off.

I'll bet you are one of those people who go down to your favorite product company and stand outside with a sign in front and complain about how expensive their merchandise is. How ludicrous. Only on the internet do people do these kinds of things.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 574
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 6:12:36 AM   
bretg80

I'd like to say one last thing. Let's leave this pricing thread go and focus on Panther and the game. Let this thread vanish from our forum and focus on the game and the developer. If you like the game buy it, if you can't afford it, then enjoy the forum and learn about the game.

For those I offended, I apologize. Seriously guys, the negativity this thread has spread is unwarranted and hurts the game publishers and developers who make the games we play for our hobby. Let's not hurt those who provide our entertainment. Let's support them and help them grow so they can create more games for us to play.

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 575
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 6:50:22 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

In the words of a great forum member - Geez, how lame! lol - that is way too funneh!

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 576
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 6:52:02 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

Shall we make a bet Knavery and if I cave I'll buy yours also and if you cave you buy mine?? hrmmm I'd be more likely to buy a new monitor 25" or 6gb more of memory for my computer than one simple $80 game on the battle of the Bulge.

Why would you want another 6GB of memory? Don't you have a netbook? I shouldn't waste my money on 6GB of memory until you have a decent computer

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to MajFrankBurns)
Post #: 577
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 8:06:56 AM   
Knavery

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll bet you are one of those people who go down to your favorite product company and stand outside with a sign in front and complain about how expensive their merchandise is. How ludicrous. Only on the internet do people do these kinds of things.

You've deduced all of that from my reply to your arrogant attitude? Congratulations! If you'd done any fact checking at all, you wouldn't have made such a comment. But sometimes a defensive, knee-jerk reaction is understandable--even if you're implications are completely uncharacteristic of your target.

Seriously bretg80, people DO feel this game is way over-priced. However, it's not as black and white as you make it seem. A lot of the folks that had gripes kept a keen eye on the BfTB forums. Some of them realized that the game is actually really damn good and decided to make the purchase. Others still are biding their time and waiting to read more reviews. And some folks are saving their pennies so they can eventually afford to purchase it. In the end, if Panther's made a good game, which they have, it will sell.

While you look at this as whining and complaining, Matrix and Panther Games understand where people are coming from. That's why they allow us to speak our mind here. I don't think anyone's feelings are getting hurt in the process. Everyone here knows that Panther Games makes excellent products, and Panther Games knows we know. So, I don't think they take any of this personally. If anything, they can learn what their fanbase is thinking and use it to their advantage from a marketing perspective in the future.

Do I think it's expensive? Hell yes. Will I buy it? Probably as I have all of their other products. That doesn't make it a moot point though. I'm just sayin...

4GB RAM

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 578
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 11:32:32 AM   
MajFrankBurns

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

quote:

Shall we make a bet Knavery and if I cave I'll buy yours also and if you cave you buy mine?? hrmmm I'd be more likely to buy a new monitor 25" or 6gb more of memory for my computer than one simple $80 game on the battle of the Bulge.

Why would you want another 6GB of memory? Don't you have a netbook? I shouldn't waste my money on 6GB of memory until you have a decent computer

Netbook is my work computer at home I have an i7 920 64 bit quad core with 3gb of memory and an ATI 5770 1gb DDR5 video card. (looking @ your computer specs now)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 579
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/11/2010 11:37:54 AM   
JudgeDredd

Well, you could certainly put another 6GB in there...I just always thought you had a notebook because that's the machine you were always talking about when it came to games. My bad.

Alba gu' brath

Post #: 580
Gone fishing! - 6/11/2010 12:46:11 PM   
PirateJock

How easy was that

< Message edited by PirateJock -- 6/11/2010 12:48:43 PM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 581
RE: Gone fishing! - 6/11/2010 4:47:07 PM   
McGlu

Mike Bennighof at Avalanche press (paper and cardboard wargames - great company, too, BTW) just posted an article discussing pricing in their world and how they go about doing it. I found it very interesting. Seems pretty relevant to this discussion since cardboard games came up a few times...

http://www.avalanchepress.com/Pricing.php

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 582
RE: Gone fishing! - 6/11/2010 11:04:58 PM   
Adam Parker

Hey, last year GMT Games offered 2 free wargames of a person's choice if they could prove that they were recently made unemployed. Very nice gesture. They simply didn't want to see hobbyists not be able to partake in something that would take their mind of their worries.

As for this price thread, I've managed to hit the essense of the problem right on the head:

1. Of course BFtB is too expensive. Why?
2. Everything in this world is too expensive.
3. Only a shmuk would pay full sticker price.
4. To not pay full sticker price, you have to haggle.

SO WHO THE HECK CAN I HAGGLE WITH AT MATRIX GAMES?!

That's the real problem with BFtB's price

(in reply to McGlu)
Post #: 583
RE: Gone fishing! - 6/11/2010 11:18:18 PM   
wodin

Holey bejezus....I only asked how much so the missus could buy it....

The game is expensive....the game is worth the money due to the Est Editor....the game is damn fine indeed....after having a dabble I haven't played a game as good for awhile and as for a wargame I haven't played one as good at this level or higher personally, so I agree your much better off buying this than 2 other games that are out there at the moment IF your a wargamer who likes wargames....

I suggest to those who can't afford it....see if someone who loves you will pick up the bill for Xmas...it will be the best present you've had since being a kid....

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 584
RE: Gone fishing! - 6/11/2010 11:41:54 PM   
Adam Parker

Yes, wargaming is about love.

Group hug everybody. Feel better now, don't you?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 585
RE: Gone fishing! - 6/11/2010 11:53:58 PM   
JudgeDredd

I'm in :-)

Alba gu' brath

Post #: 586
Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 4:24:55 AM   
rwenstrup

If you frequent this site...it's probable that you love wargames. If you love wargames, this is one of the better ones I've seen in a long while. Hence, if you can afford it...it's worth passing up a couple of mediocre games to get this one.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 587
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 4:38:42 AM   
Knavery

I'm downloading mine now. I want to see what all the hoopla is about. Of course I spend money on games like it's going out of style because I'm cooky and crazy that way.

4GB RAM

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 588
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 5:18:08 AM   
MajFrankBurns

quote:

I'm downloading mine now. I want to see what all the hoopla is about. Of course I spend money on games like it's going out of style because I'm cooky and crazy that way.

Great! I'll be expecting my FREE copy now Knavery since you caved.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 589
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 5:25:57 AM   
Knavery

quote:

quote:

Great! I'll be expecting my FREE copy now Knavery since you caved.

Haha... I thought you might say something. I didn't last very long.

4GB RAM

Post #: 590
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 6:30:40 AM   
cmill1978

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in this thread, but I couldn't resist.

It is interesting to note that those who have shelled out the $80 and actually PLAYED this game have only had great things to say about it-that the price is justified and well worth it.

This speaks volumes and really reflects poorly on those who have complained about the price on a product they have not even played...

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 591
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 8:30:12 AM   
billyjj

quote:

ORIGINAL: christophers

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in this thread, but I couldn't resist.

It is interesting to note that those who have shelled out the $80 and actually PLAYED this game have only had great things to say about it-that the price is justified and well worth it.

This speaks volumes and really reflects poorly on those who have complained about the price on a product they have not even played...

When have you ever seen a game where all the players are in 100% agreement that it was worth the money they paid, I think that speaks volumes right there.. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. Why is it happening with this game? Well because they all know they paid too much for the game and not a single one of them has the BALLS to say they think it wasn't worth the money. I mean not a single person that bought it dislikes the game???? wow this must be the ALL TIME GREATEEST GAME IN THE WHOLE WORLD WOOPIE DOOO DA

(in reply to cmill1978)
Post #: 592
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 8:41:29 AM   
wodin

BillyJJ,

Actually the truth is it is a fantastic wargame that is worth the money...I always knew it would be worth it I just didn't have the spare cash....

So no it isn't that no one wants to admit they wasted their money...it is actually because the game is that good....listen if it wasn't I don't care who you are you would certainly complain that it was overpriced...it's happened before and I know wargamers say it how it is....if I spent this amount of money on something and it wasn't worth it I'd say so and I'm sure many here would have....the amount of money spent outweighs any kind of pride\ego thing that might be going on...

(in reply to billyjj)
Post #: 593
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 8:48:29 AM   
billyjj

Wodin.. you are right, this forum would be full of "I feel ripped off" threads, I still find it odd that not a single person has anything negative to say about the game. 

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 594
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 9:14:09 AM   
goodwoodrw

Every flock has a goose!

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to billyjj)
Post #: 595
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 9:27:10 AM   
wodin

BillyJJ,

People are finding problems...see the tech thread...most of them are todo with problems that have been around in the previous games....though from my experience there not as preveliant....units routing to often....and Mortar units and HQ's getting to involed in assaults...I have noticed my mortar units still getting to involved in close assault but so far my HQ's have stayed well back...also a major issue is the wrong DATA being put in which means some guns are ineffective...this will be solved in the next patch I'm sure...so the game does have some niggles and isn't perfect....however Dave will get onto those soon no doubt....people are bringing up problems BUT on the whole it is a fantastic game and I really can't see if your a wargamer you would feel ripped off with the product in it's present state...it is a joy to play..

BillyJJ, honestly if you love your wargames then I really do suggest you bite the bullet and get it, even if you have to wait for it as an Xmas pressie...I have no qualms that you'd turn around afterwards and say you wished you'd never got it...I couldn't say that about mny other games.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 596
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/12/2010 10:19:03 AM   
Rotherman

Getting there. I've got nearly £60 on my Poor mans Mastercard. Been living on baked beans on toast. Despite the wind I have to keep it up. My Grand daughter wants a game for her Wii for her 6th birthday. Why can't she be interested in wargames? Why are there no charities for financially challenged wargamers? Damn this world!

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 597
RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! - 6/12/2010 11:30:38 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rotherman

Getting there. I've got nearly £60 on my Poor mans Mastercard. Been living on baked beans on toast. Despite the wind I have to keep it up. My Grand daughter wants a game for her Wii for her 6th birthday. Why can't she be interested in wargames? Why are there no charities for financially challenged wargamers? Damn this world!

Hehehe....

(in reply to Rotherman)
Post #: 598
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 12:31:34 PM   
Adam Parker

quote:

ORIGINAL: billyjj
Why is it happening with this game? Well because they all know they paid too much for the game and not a single one of them has the BALLS to say they think it wasn't worth the money.

This from the guy who wrote in the thread "Whose to Blame for Starting WW1?:

quote:

ORIGINAL: billyjj
The Jews started WW1 in order to financially ruin Europe so that they could grab control, the plan pretty much worked and this is what pissed of the Germans and gave rise to Hitler, the so called "stab in the back" at the peace negotiations. Sorry if this sounds like anti-semitism but its the truth.

Why don't you take your balls to another website?

(in reply to billyjj)
Post #: 599
RE: Is it worth the price? - 6/12/2010 12:51:56 PM   
wodin

Adam to be honest I have no interest in peoples political opinions....I expect many here could say have opinions on matters that would upset others....we all here for wargaming aren't we?

I take umberance at Billy's remark about no one admiting we spent to much which he has since backed down from...his personal opinions on WW1 and jews are no conern of mine nor have they anything todo with a wargame.

This thread is now on the way to getting locked I reckon...

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Price? - You get what you pay for!! Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI