Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air replacements going to Tokyo?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air replacements going to Tokyo? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air replacements going to Tokyo? - 5/14/2010 10:34:33 PM   
SqzMyLemon

I've just noticed that often air replacements are arriving in Tokyo for units based throughout the Empire. I have a situation of a restricted fighter unit in China receiving Nate replacements at Tokyo. The parent unit is located at Hankow and the HQ is the China Expeditionary Army and is in yellow font colour. The replacement unit has 10 Nates, all damaged, and no pilots, and the HQ is the same, but the text is now in white font colour (now permanently restricted) so I'm unable to change it, and when I look to see if I can rebase it, I cannot, as every airfield within range is not of the same HQ.

How do my repalcements get back to the parent unit? Why are the replacements arriving in Tokyo and not at the airbase the unit is stationed at? I will check again once some airframes are repaired and I assign a few pilots, whether I can then move out the unit. Is anybody else encountering this, and is there a solution or reason why it's occurring? Do I now need to micromanage air replacements?
Post #: 1
RE: Air replacements going to Tokyo? - 5/14/2010 10:55:50 PM   
ckammp

Sounds like you have less than 20000 supply at Hankow, so the computer created a sub-unit for replacements at Tokyo.
For more information about a/c replacements, see Section 16.2 of the manual, pages 255-256.

It is to avoid situations like this that many players set Replacements to Off, even if that means an increase in micromanagement.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 2
RE: Air replacements going to Tokyo? - 5/14/2010 11:06:03 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

Sounds like you have less than 20000 supply at Hankow, so the computer created a sub-unit for replacements at Tokyo.

Of course I don't have 20000 supply at Hankow, it's China.

Thanks, I'll refer to the manual. If that means I can't fly the replacements to China now, that's quite a problem. If that's the intention of the design so be it, but at least make the fragment unrestricted so you can fly it out.

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 3
RE: Air replacements going to Tokyo? - 5/15/2010 7:48:20 AM   
Puhis

I think you can use ships to transfer those planes to China? I think I've done that a few times.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air replacements going to Tokyo? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI