Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WaW 4t Axis Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> WaW 4t Axis Thread Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 2:46:12 PM   
Barthheart

Hi All,

Here is yet another AAR for WaW. THis thread is for Axis eyes and observers only. Please don't post secretes from the Allied thread here or our secrets there.

Hope you enjoy.

(Note to self: must stop volunteering to write AAR's... taking as much time as playing.. )

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Post #: 1
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 2:52:07 PM   
Barthheart

First 2 turn sees the fall of Poland. Not really a suprise.
Started moving all troops to Western border as garrison rules don't matter until 1941.

Most of my production is going to PP's to upgrade everything before building, since upgrading after SFT's need a certain level of experience.
Minimum supplies built to keep army fat and happy.

Building flak corps, 5 x Immobile Flak I's, to protect industry from nasty Allied bombers. Since SS are cheaper to build as well as stronger, Minich will be making these units for a while. Plan to have good umbrella coverage before things get too hot.

(Fall of Poland, Sept. 1 to 29, 1939)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 2
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 3:22:25 PM   
Barthheart

Oct. 1939

Still moving to French/Lowland border.

Second flak corps built in Frankfurt. Once there's a few of these builit I'll post a map of the coverage.

Wolfpack sorties out and finds a lone RN DD close to Kiel. Snuk it without loss. Subs scout east coast of England and find nothing, return home to Hamburg.

Building a Luftwffe Flak HQ that can travel to locations to recieve flak builds so I don't have to waste strategic train movment.

All infantry types upgraded to level II. Crusiers upgraded also.

Will use PP's next turn to bring Axis minors to the fold, then back to upgrades.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 3
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 5:42:04 PM   
Barthheart

Nov. 1939

Units all in place near France/Lowlands.

Third flak corp in Dusseldorf.

Subs sortie but find no targets. Return to home waters.

Used PP's to get Axis minors in the game. All are producing supplies and PP's. I'll use their troops to take out Yugo and Greece when the time comes.

Winter's coming so the fleet puts to sea to keep from getting affected/draw more supply, more supplies produced. Enough PP's are made so that come Jan. 40 I can upgrade Hvy Inf to level II. Then we'll crash build troops for Invasion of France!

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 4
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 7:06:54 PM   
Barthheart

Dec. 1939

Thought I'd send the Tommies a Christmas present! 50 Inf II's land at Yorkshire. If I can get luck and catch him with his pants down I might be able to capture Manchester next turn. If not lucky, it will still screw with his head chasing thses guys around the English country side.

Remember kiddies - Always capture a port first then terrorize the locals!

Also shown is the developing flak umbrella.

As a note to Explorer2 - this turn I did not recieve the 2000 suppiles form Russia... I produced 11000 and only 11000 showed up in Berlin. On previous non-winter turns I produced some amount and the OKW HQ always showed that number + 2000 recieved.

(Christmas comes early!)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Barthheart -- 5/12/2010 7:08:12 PM >

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 7:57:22 PM   
82ndtrooper

in this version we are playing the "Historical Blitz" option . which means that France doesn't wake up until they are actually invaded. the west gets a PP grant instead. So you will find that they wont be ready or have a very big army.

its going to be a surprise for the western player if he has never played this option. But it prevents that huge transfer of french forces to England that has always happened in the past. This changes everything for the west early and really puts them back on their heels.

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 6
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 8:07:14 PM   
Barthheart

Jan. 1940

Well he did move troops to Manchester and the fleet to block my supplies. But my troops tried anyway... and paid. Lost 13 Rifle II's for killing only 7 Rifle I's. No supply means no attack.

He also brought the rest of the fleet out to hunt down and kill my lonely long range transport. So... out comes the Kreigsmarine and my wolfpack and down goes a carrier, a cruiser, 2 destroyers and 3 battleships. Good payback I think.

More flak built and starting to build infantry for coming battle. Upgraded Heavy Infantry to level II. Yeah hvy mortars!

Note to Explorer2: Ignore my last note. I'm an idiot. The supplies from teh southern Axis Minors can't reach Berlin because the tracks go through Belgrade, so my supplies + Russia gift exactly matched my production. It's all good. Never mind. Move along, nothing to see here.

(Royal Navy to Davey Jones' Locker)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Barthheart -- 5/12/2010 8:08:06 PM >

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 7
RE: WaW 4t Axis Thread - 5/12/2010 8:18:31 PM   
82ndtrooper

ouch thats big losses for them this early in the game. That has to hurt

somebody knock on japans door and wake me up !

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> WaW 4t Axis Thread Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI