Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

May '42 scenario?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> May '42 scenario? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
May '42 scenario? - 5/8/2010 1:09:31 PM   
Mozo

Hey everyone,

As an AP Calc teacher, I've finally got some free time on my hands now - and I haven't been here much. Quick questions (and request depending upon the answer). Apologies if the answer is here and I didn't spend enough time looking around.

Q: Has there been a May '42 scenario made? I really want to play Japan but don't want to do all the work to get to this point.

Request: If not - I was wondering if someone playing single player as Japan would be kind enough to send me a May 1 '42 save game. Hopefully with most CVs still intact (I know - tall order) - i.e. with a situation similar to the old scenario from WITP.

Anyway - hello to all and much thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mozo
Post #: 1
RE: May '42 scenario? - 5/8/2010 1:16:57 PM   
Misconduct

Yeah I asked about this few months ago, problem is having to design the scenario takes a pretty long time, probably easier to get the save file then scenario done.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to Mozo)
Post #: 2
RE: May '42 scenario? - 5/9/2010 4:09:13 AM   
topeverest

Mozo,

Welcome to the labor of love that is modding. I dont think a saved game will do you much good. You are doing a midpoint-forward mod. What you really need most is a comprehensive knowedge base for the locations, strengths, and dispositions of the major units on may 1, 1942. The designers already have done the heavy lifting on the OOB. Any changes you may want to make on the oob likely will be minimal. You can use the overall scenario 1 OOB as a shell. You will be modifying most of the units that arrived prior to May 1 in some way. That much is very stratightforward in the editor. Your sources will be all the usual suspects, but please do keep in mind that most of the base forces are game construct units that actually were amalgamations of many other actual historical units. You will need to use a bit of judgement placing these.

Good luck admiral...and I agree with misconduct, modding a scenario such as this is a major undertaking with hundreds of hours of reaerch, execution, and testing included.

Andy M

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> May '42 scenario? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI