Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing time per phase?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Playing time per phase? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing time per phase? - 5/1/2010 6:05:59 PM   
hellfirejet

Hi Guys,
I'm curious to know how long players,take too play each phase of the game on average,I play War in the Pacific Admirals Edition,and I spend many hours,setting up all my tactics each day,in general while playing Empires in arms,I spend on average 30mins - 1hr per phase?

Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Post #: 1
RE: Playing time per phase? - 5/2/2010 12:01:30 PM   
Dancing Bear

I'd say closer to 20 minutes for a land or naval phase at war (not counting file exchange battels, which can take 3 or 4 days each when your opponent is in a different time zone).

Other phases might be 5 minutes of playing, or less if I skip them, which I do as much as possible.

Of course, you have to add time for turning on the game and loading the files, typically another 10 minutes (generally I keep on top of this and don't let a back log of files to be loaded accumulate).

Generally I do all the planning etc. when the other players are doing their turns, so am ready when my turn comes around.

(in reply to hellfirejet)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing time per phase? - 5/2/2010 1:21:19 PM   
hellfirejet

Hi Dancing Bear,Do you ever play solo or against the AI?

Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing time per phase? - 5/2/2010 5:40:29 PM   
NeverMan

On average? (average meaning I am not at war most of the time)

Not more than 5 minutes actually playing... though it usually takes me another 5+ minutes to get the files, uzip them, etc, etc...

Post #: 4
RE: Playing time per phase? - 5/2/2010 7:09:32 PM   
Dancing Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfirejet

Hi Graham
I have not played any solo games, although I will try out a move in a temp game against the AI just to see if it will work out the way I expect, or sometimes to test a bug.

Generally this is game that I have only ever wanted to play PBEM (or IP, but what are the chances of getting 7 players available at the same time?). Human players are a real challenge, and tell much better jokes than the AI. Getting a game that can be played with the old gang who are now scattered across the continents is really what I am after with this game (it is almost there, but the rate of closure on this goal is painfully slow considering how very little more is required).

Post #: 5
RE: Playing time per phase? - 5/4/2010 3:47:06 PM   
hellfirejet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfirejet

Hi Graham
I have not played any solo games, although I will try out a move in a temp game against the AI just to see if it will work out the way I expect, or sometimes to test a bug.

Generally this is game that I have only ever wanted to play PBEM (or IP, but what are the chances of getting 7 players available at the same time?). Human players are a real challenge, and tell much better jokes than the AI. Getting a game that can be played with the old gang who are now scattered across the continents is really what I am after with this game (it is almost there, but the rate of closure on this goal is painfully slow considering how very little more is required).

Dancing Bear,I hope you get your wish soon, with regards to your old gang scattered across the continents,the game is improving bit by bit,but there are still a great many things about it that annoy me!

Regards,
Graham.

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Playing time per phase? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI