Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

does putting two mining components double mining speed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> does putting two mining components double mining speed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
does putting two mining components double mining speed? - 5/1/2010 9:46:05 AM   
taltamir

I decided to try and build some super mining stations, because I have a critical deficiency of hydrogen... as in ~0 sources (i build them and they disappear) of hydrogen on a 700 planet empire in sandbox (last empire standing).

I think it might be the pirates, so I decided to:
1. Arm it a little.
2. Armor and shield it better
3. Give it enough mining capacity to justify the above.

the question is... if I double the amount of gas mining component, will it double the rate at which it mines gas? Would a mining station with 10x mining component, 10x the amount of normal storage, and 10x the amount of docking bays produce the same amount of gas as 10 separate mining stations with normal amount of the above? (and before you scoff about the extra docking bays, I am having traffic jams on my gas mining stations... my demand is for 3485.2K of hydrogen, I produce a fraction of it, its price is at 50, and at last count I had:
3496 small freighters
2740 medium freighters
1509 large freighters
486 passenger ships

those are just the latest models, but there are only a few dozen of older models... under 200 total.
But anyways... yea, I have lots of ships.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
Post #: 1
RE: does putting two mining components double mining sp... - 5/1/2010 9:57:31 AM   
Bartje

Damn, thats a huuuuge empire you have.

It would make sense if there was an income increase, though efficiency wise it probably shoudn't be 100% extra income

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 2
RE: does putting two mining components double mining sp... - 5/1/2010 10:04:52 AM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bartje

Damn, thats a huuuuge empire you have.

It would make sense if there was an income increase, though efficiency wise it probably shoudn't be 100% extra income

Actually... its a small galaxy with only 400 stars...
I simply won and conquered everything... well, except the ice planets and moons because I did not have any who could... I was at 650 when I destroyed the last other empire and have colonized every planet and moon in the galaxy. then i used the editor to create an independant naxxilian colony to colonize ice planets and have been expanding to those since...

well, trying to, the economy stalled out on me.
The AI is not too aggressive about scuttling gas mining stations and as I result I don't have fuel / gas used for construction.

< Message edited by taltamir -- 5/1/2010 10:05:25 AM >

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to Bartje)
Post #: 3
RE: does putting two mining components double mining sp... - 5/1/2010 12:27:39 PM   
Rustyallan

Looking at the design screen, if you add more extractors, it does increase your rate. How that works in practice, I don't know. It's certainly work trying though.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> does putting two mining components double mining speed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI