Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DOCUMENTATION FOR BASES AND TECH

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> DOCUMENTATION FOR BASES AND TECH Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DOCUMENTATION FOR BASES AND TECH - 4/24/2010 4:10:39 PM   
marcfarmer

Is there any documentation that tells what the various types of star basses are for? Also, is there documentation about what the techs actually do? Some are obvious like torpedos and such, some are not so obvious.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: DOCUMENTATION FOR BASES AND TECH - 4/24/2010 8:13:52 PM   
Astorax

Well, lets see:

Beam Weapons     - pretty obvious, blasters and such. Torpedo Weapons     - includes regular torpedoes and planetary bombardment torpedoes. Area Weapons          - includes hyperdeny (prevents enemy ships from warping off) and AoE (area of effect) weapons. Armor                     - umm armor and better versions of same. Shields                   - umm shields and better versions of same. Engine                    - includes regular subwarp engines and maneuvering thrusters. HyperDrive              - faster and/or more efficient warp engines. Reactor                  - better and/or more efficient power generation for ships and bases. [can require different fuel types] Energy Collector      - extra, subsidiary solar cells for power generation of a stationary base/ship. Extractor                - better mine engines (for non-gaseous objects), gas extractors and luxury extractors. Manufacturer          - better production plants for construction ships and spaceports that allow more components of various types to be built faster. Storage                 - more efficient fuel cells, cargo bays, passenger compartments, troop compartments and docking bays. Sensor                  - better resource sensors (for your exploration ships), proximity sensors (for everything), long range scanners and cloaks. Computer              - better command centers (maintenance reduction), commerce centers (trade bonus), ECM and Combat Sensors (to-hit bonus). Labs                    - better research centers for the 4 different research groupings. Construction         - better shipyards that allow you to build bigger ships and bases. Habitation            - better life support, hab modules, better colonization modules (other planet types), recreation centers, hospitals + damage reduction/repair.

Beam Weapons, Torpedo Weapons, Area Weapons and Armor are grouped under "W" or Weapons Research. Shields, Engine, HyperDrive, Reactor and Energy Collector are grouped under "E" or Energy Research. Extractor, Manufacturer, Storage and Construction are grouped under "I" or Industrial Research. Sensor, Computer, Labs and Habitation are grouped under "HT" or HighTech Research.

(in reply to marcfarmer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> DOCUMENTATION FOR BASES AND TECH Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI