Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> 2 questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 questions - 7/20/2002 11:47:18 AM   
DS Kee

Howdy,
1. I've searched the forum already, and found a thread about Soviet command hierarchy. Unfortunately, it wasn't answered. Is there any advantage to using a tiered command structure like the Germans or is it just as simple to leave all HQs under STAVKA? See question #2.

2. Since superior commands do not affect OPs or replacements, why is it such a big deal to get Stalin out of Stavka? Unless I've missed something important, it seems like a pretty harmless place to have him.

I'm sure I've missed something. Enlighten me, o' wizened grognards :)
Post #: 1
Re: 2 questions - 7/20/2002 12:13:31 PM   
RickyB

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warlord2k
[B]Howdy,
1. I've searched the forum already, and found a thread about Soviet command hierarchy. Unfortunately, it wasn't answered. Is there any advantage to using a tiered command structure like the Germans or is it just as simple to leave all HQs under STAVKA? See question #2.

2. Since superior commands do not affect OPs or replacements, why is it such a big deal to get Stalin out of Stavka? Unless I've missed something important, it seems like a pretty harmless place to have him.

I'm sure I've missed something. Enlighten me, o' wizened grognards :) [/B][/QUOTE]
I have never tried setting up more command levels for the Soviets, and am not sure if there is any impact or not. However, the answer to number 2 may also apply to this first question, in which case there is a benefit.

Regarding the second question, there is a chance of a higher HQ leader taking command of the battle and then his rating is used in determining the overall results of the battle, rather than the direct leader. A poor leader increases the odds of a shatter, fewer units in battle, etc, so having a poor leader high up the chain can be a problem when he "steps" in to run a battle. On the other hand, a good leader high up can impact battles all across the front. Again, I don't know if this applies to a structure you set up with intermediate HQs, but I would think it would.

Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi

(in reply to DS Kee)
Post #: 2
- 7/21/2002 5:49:01 AM   
JIM366

I generaly set up an intermediate layer of command for the Soviets. I divide my troops into 4 Strategic directions;NorthWest, West, SouthWest, and South. These 4 HQ's are kept well back from the fighting (Close to the East edge of the map). Each of these HQ's has 4 or 5 front HQ's subordinated to them, and they also get my best leaders. I do wish that the game would have Strategic Direction HQ's already set up (Possum, are you reading this? :) )
I find that I get far more use out of Zhukov et al when they are in charge of 4 fronts at one time. Besides, why should only the Germans get to have all the fun?:p

(in reply to DS Kee)
Post #: 3
Subordinate HQ - 7/22/2002 4:52:24 AM   
Augusto

Hi

Can some one explain me how to sobordinate one HQ to another?

Can I change HQ from one german army group to another?

Tanks in advance

(in reply to DS Kee)
Post #: 4
Re: Subordinate HQ - 7/22/2002 6:19:00 AM   
davewolf

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Augusto
[B]Can some one explain me how to sobordinate one HQ to another?[/B][/QUOTE]
Click on an unit or HQ, then press Alt-H, then click on the 'higher-level' HQ in order to attach.

And don't tell the Führer about it, if you didn't ask him before... ;)

(in reply to DS Kee)
Post #: 5
- 7/26/2002 9:50:38 AM   
DS Kee

My thanks to all who answered this post. I had forgotten about the intermediate leader taking charge. I guess it is a matter of personal preference. The argument could go on for weeks, but unless we sat down FTF and played through a bazillion games, we might never know the right answer.

Ya'll rawk.
:)

(in reply to DS Kee)
Post #: 6
- 7/26/2002 4:11:14 PM   
K62

This is probably "gamey", but it works well :). Try subordinating Army Group North and Army Group South to Army Group Center; then also subordinate AG Center to AG North. This way, OKH is not in charge of anything anymore and Hitler does not get involved in any battles at all. The idea works for the Soviets as well, they can get rid of Stalin that way.

But, watch out, this is only for fun, don't use it in a PBEM game or your opponent could get :mad: .

(in reply to DS Kee)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> 2 questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI