From: Linz, Austria
I request to reduce the ammount of mouse-clicks in this game, please!
My poor mouse button is already hanging loose from all the Distant Worlds playing :)
For example, to refit 70 medium space stations to large I have to...
1) hit P key to zoom to next base
2) rightclick on it to open menu
3) click the wanted design
that's 3x input x 70 stations makes 210 mouse-click-equivalents.
Suggestion: Press F7 to open ship/bases screen, drag-select all bases, rightclick on one of them and choose "upgrade to large base". It could be done in less than 10 clicks.
That would be an improvement by 2000%!
Or another issue, to refit 200 destroyers, who are not in fleet patrolling by empire and who should keep patrolling afterwards:
1) Go to F7 ship screen, select all destroyers, assign them to 1 fleet.
2) Open fleet screen and choose to retrofit all. Stupidly, they all go to 1 base, preferrably one which has only 2 shipyards.
3) wait 8 hours, they are almost done refitting.
4) Choose the lead ship, and make it travel away. So you can drag select a box around the rest and make them leave fleet.
5) Now comes the herculean task of selecting each one, and hit A to put them back into automatic mode.
More than 500 mouseclicks required, when it could be done in under 10 clicks.
That's crazy, isn't it? Suggestion: RIGHTCLICK MENU in the shipscreen (F7) to give multiple ships/bases an order. Each ship then goes to the nearest base where it currently is, retrofits there, and picks up it's previous duty when finished.
I don't see myself continuing my current game with 80 colonies and 400+ ships anymore, because all I think about is, how can I do it in less mouseclicks? Like, when I need to retrofit every explorer, military and constructor, I select them all, assign them a fleet and send them into the next nearest black hole. This crazy idea saves me many hours!!!!!
< Message edited by Wicky -- 4/17/2010 7:27:22 AM >