Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gas mining ships have luxury extractors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Gas mining ships have luxury extractors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 8:58:34 PM   
fourtrillion

The default designs for gas mining ships and stations both have luxury resource collectors.
Post #: 1
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:05:19 PM   
Astorax

As I understand it, it takes a gas mining ship/base to mine an Ice world. So, if there are luxury goods on it ...

(in reply to fourtrillion)
Post #: 2
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:06:54 PM   
HsojVvad

I am sorry, I do not know what your point is. Yes they have luxury extractors so they can harvest if there is any luxury resource there. Do you mean that they shouldn't have any? I am glad they are there, though I like to make my own ships, I would hate to create every single ship or base from scratch. I think it's a good idea that they do have them in.

(in reply to fourtrillion)
Post #: 3
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:08:41 PM   
Astorax

I redesign mine as well, Davor. I put TWO luxury extractors on instead of the one it had. Heh.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 4
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:09:18 PM   
FerretStyle

It's not obvious at first because it's rare, but some planets have both gas and luxury resources.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 5
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:18:29 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: FerretStyle

It's not obvious at first because it's rare, but some planets have both gas and luxury resources.
I have noticed this as well. I didn't know what to do, until someone told me that gas mines have luxury extractors equipped.

You have to rememeber for someone who is new to the game, they don't know much, there is alot to learn here. Who would think putting in an luxury extractor in a mine? I wouldn't have. There is so much in this game that is not well documented, at least the developers made ships for us so we don't have to think as a newbie. Now that I know what I am doing a bit, I remake everything now. I see how the design is made originally and then I work from there.

But in the begining I didn't understand how anything in the constuction screen worked so I would just use the default settings.

(in reply to FerretStyle)
Post #: 6
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:35:32 PM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Astorax

As I understand it, it takes a gas mining ship/base to mine an Ice world. So, if there are luxury goods on it ...
It's not so much that it TAKES a gas miner to mine an ice world so much as that ice worlds have gaseous resources that CAN be mined by gas miners, and not so much in the way of mineral resources that are mined by mineral miners.

Of course, that brings us to the next question: What is the logical difference between gas mining ships and regular mining ships, behaviorally? What happens if we simply forgo one type of design in favor of a Universal Miner containing all 3 mining tools? Because it seems to me that most of the cost of a mining ship is in the systems that make it move about and not go boom, rather than in the mining tools themselves, so it would greatly improve the flexibility of the mining ship with little cost to simply make a universal miner. How well would the game cope with having only one mining ship?

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 7
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:38:21 PM   
Astorax

I'm not sure but gas mining ships and regular mining ships are clearly inferior in anycase. Its strange because the mine engine and gas extractor/luxury extractor are all normal sized but they don't extract as much - about half, I would say. I wonder if thats WAD.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 8
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:40:03 PM   
Fishman

I'm guessing the ships don't extract as much because they have anemic cargo bays.

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 9
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/11/2010 9:49:45 PM   
Astorax

Its something inherent in the gas/mining ships themselves. You can click on the extractor component in the design screen while its on a gas/mining ship and it clearly indicates it only extacts the lesser amount.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 10
RE: Gas mining ships have luxury extractors - 4/12/2010 8:12:49 PM   
Okim

Most of the Ice planets have violet gas and luxury resources so it is normal for a gas mining station to have gas and luxury extractors. Gas mining ship also has both extractors, however this is rather strange as normaly these ships will mine one type of resource per mission.

Miners and gas miners seem to be harvesting only a requested amount of gas/ore - the number that is needed by one or more space yards or constructors. They doesn`t seem to be harvesting resources for future usage, only actual required amounts.

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Gas mining ships have luxury extractors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI