Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

widescreen mode issue win 7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> widescreen mode issue win 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/4/2010 1:56:00 AM   
zace

Running under windows 7 32 bit pro. 285 GTX, Phenom II 965, 4G RAM.

I can use the -f and -px -py switches to set the resolution to the game but they only work if the resolution set matches the resolution of the desktop.

If the desktop is set to 1920-1200 and the px py switches match this is loads at that resolution. If the px py switches are different it loads to the default.

Same story for 1440x900 and 1680x1050.

Probably me running with the incorrect rights of the program. Any information from anyone?
Post #: 1
RE: widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/4/2010 2:07:56 AM   
Nomad

If you are using a resolution smaller than your desktop, then change the -f for a -w to go to windowed mode instead of full screen mode.

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 2
RE: widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/4/2010 2:11:15 AM   
zace

Nomad, I understand that concept but specifically I want the full screen and don't want to go as high as the desktop resolution as it can get hard to read.

On my other computer with an older card I do not have a problem with the -f and a resolution lower than the desktop.

That was a windows xp system.  Is there something I have to set in win 7 to allow the resolution of the game to be different than the desktop?  I am not stuck as I can easily just adjust the desktop resolution manually then launch the game.  Just a little more painful on this system than the last.

I figured it was user error just looking for a little help.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/4/2010 2:26:18 AM   
Nomad

I guess I didn't fully understand the question. I had never tried using a full screen lower than my native resolution and didn't realize that would work.

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 4
RE: widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/4/2010 6:31:01 AM   
ChickenOfTheSea

Yes, it does work and works in Windows 7. Many people seem to conclude that Windows 7 is at fault when it is really the settings for your video card and/or monitor. For instance, many monitors have a video setting and a PC setting and you need to be on the PC setting for the resizing to work properly. Also the only resolutions available will be those supported by your video card. I would check monitor settings first.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 5
RE: widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/7/2010 2:03:54 AM   
zace

quote:

Yes, it does work and works in Windows 7

quote:

Is there something I have to set in win 7 to allow the resolution of the game to be different than the desktop?

Any answers or help on this.  I have noted that my system check 100% compliant with HD DRM compliance.  I am assuming there is a switch somewhere where I have to turn this off to get win 7 to allow a program to change the resolution.  Under the DRM compliance stuff you can't have an application change the resolution.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  Specs are above.

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 6
RE: widescreen mode issue win 7 - 4/7/2010 2:39:27 AM   
zace

I have pretty much confirmed that this is an HDCP compliance issue and it is a known bug/issue when ALL of your hardware works.  The official line from the company is you have to resize the screen resolution (desktop) to match what you want to use in the game.

I imagine a DVI to VGA adapter might also do the trick as that would break the HDCP compliance but would then make DRM compliant media require a downsampling to be compliant.

This issue is still around?  WTF this was the whole problem with vista to begin with!

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> widescreen mode issue win 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI