Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/1/2010 6:08:22 AM   
SeanD

Check out some of the alien races vying for total galactic power in Distant Worlds

Matrix Games and CodeForce (www.codeforce.co.nz) are proud to release a pack of concept art screenshots showcasing the detailed and unique alien races found in the exciting new 4X space strategy game, Distant Worlds!

With Distant Worlds, gamers can experience a “living galaxy” with endless options and replayability, command vast empires that span many star systems and engage in research, diplomacy, ship design, espionage, trade, combat and more!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Distant Worlds is a unique, rich, and customizable space strategy game like no other! This batch of alien art helps illustrate how detailed Distant Worlds is both visually and in terms of its gameplay.”

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game. You can run the game as slow or as fast as you like, with intelligent advisors and many different settings for warnings and auto-pause triggers to help you manage your empire at your own pace. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Vast galaxies are made to order: up to 1400 star systems, with up to 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Galaxies are so deep, fun and immersive that you won’t want to finish the game... Build, expand and improve your empire endlessly. The galaxy is packed with life and activity. Encounter other empires, independent alien colonies, traders, pirates and space monsters. Explore star systems, asteroid fields, gas clouds, supernovae, galactic storms and black holes. Discover evidence of civilizations long since past, uncovering secrets about the galaxy's troubled history...

Best of all, you can play the game your way: enjoy a quick, intense game in a crowded galaxy or take your time in an epic game spread across a vast galaxy!

Get more information on Distant Worlds from its official product page and get the full pack of screenshots here.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/1/2010 1:44:17 PM   
HsojVvad

I think you need a comma after New. I thought we were getting new alien races for an upcomming project. I was a bit disapointed. So was this an April Fools Joke?

I like the pictures byn the way.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/1/2010 2:21:24 PM   
Wade1000

I thought they were going to be new races also. Though, I was happy to see Atuuk, Dahout, and Quameno as the larger, many angle, race portraits like the orginals listed in 'Distant Worlds: Introduction of the alien races.' http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2386321

The Dahout(spiders) portrait is interesting being one of the more unique, non humanoid body shapes(humanoid being 2 arms, 2 legs, and 2 eyes). I hope there can be more future races that have non humanoid body shapes.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 4/1/2010 2:39:31 PM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 3
RE: New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/1/2010 2:31:47 PM   
forsaken1111

Still waiting on a full body shot of the Securan!

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 4
RE: New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/1/2010 2:42:28 PM   
Wade1000

The body shots of most, including the Securans,  will probably be left to our imaginations.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to forsaken1111)
Post #: 5
RE: New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/6/2010 1:25:55 PM   
Interesting

I liked the Zenox look, but then I about them being space rats... Not so badass now, huh?

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 6
RE: New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! - 4/6/2010 3:15:26 PM   
Wade1000

Maybe the Zenox family can be changed from "Rodent" in an update or expansion to something new like "Therian". I have it in the wish list.

Besides, rodents can be badass. Whatch this squirrel destroy this snake. The snake is likely not venomous. The squirrel takes some hits and gets out of a strangle hold and stll fights on; dodging most strikes. Maybe the squirrel had babies nearby. Squirrels are super agile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWeldHtJgI
Maybe they are highly evolved rodents. They are in the Rodentia Order. But rats are highly evolved rodents also. Rats are intelligent for their Order and extremely adaptable, like squirrels.
Rodents can be badass too.
-----

-Upon more thought, maybe there needs to be another race "Family" to group mammalian races that do not seem appropriate for Rodent Family and Ursidian Family, such as the feline race. Maybe call the Family...Therians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theria

Also, maybe some new races and families; "Robotic" and "Avian".
-aliens to have a variety of body shapes other than just humanoid(humanoid being 2 arms, 2 legs, and 2 eyes)
-a robotic/android race (Family: Robotic)
-a cyborg race(part machine, part biological) (Family: Robotic)
-a gas giant planet dwelling(squid-like) avian race (The Hunters of Carl Sagan's proposed Sinkers, Floaters, and Hunters) (Family: Avian)
-a feathered(bird-like) avian race (Family: Avian)
-a mammalian(bat-like) avian race (Family: Avian)
-a reptilian(Pterosaur-like) avian race (Family: Avian)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2418281 (Master Wishlist Thread)

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 4/6/2010 3:28:55 PM >

(in reply to Interesting)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> New Alien Race Screenshots for Distant Worlds! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI