From: The Imperial Palace.
I'm loving the game! I've seen many of my suggestions mentioned in this thread before, but I'll repeat them anyway.
1. Separate hotkey for colony ships.
2. A way to add 5x or 10x components to a ship with one click.
3. Separate character portraits; at least one per character type would be nice. The only change now is the character's emblem.
4. Ability to request mining/refueling rights? Right now we can give these away; but can we request them?
5. In the category of "I know this would be a major change": an option to some randomness or variability in the tech tree. Maybe some techs would be more expensive in one game, cheaper in the next. That might make it harder for us to do the same thing every time (e.g., always beeline to the colonization techs). I know this would be hard to implement, but heck, this is just a "wish" list, right?
6. Is there an option for toning down but not eliminating debris fields? I keep reading about people finding game-changing tech or capital ships. Maybe keep the feature but reduce the magnitude of the biggest rewards?
7. An easier way to figure out why an item is stalled in your construction queue.
8. Someone suggested more info on the colonies screen; I can't remember whether this screen shows what each colony is constructing. If not, that'd be helpful.
9. Someone earlier suggested a clickable, persistent list of current battles, with desperate fights in red and more favorable fights in green. Maybe close ones in a third color or gray. Then you could click and zoom to a battle you want to see, and let the "green" battles fight themselves. I'd prefer this to the annoying klaxon.
10. Is there a hotkey that allows one instantly to select and zoom to one's home starport/colony? I understand that one can zoom to an item if one has it selected, but I'd like the ability to select/zoom all at once, for my most important things. Maybe I should be using the ctl-# function for this?
11. Make the galactic map toggle off (as well as on) with the G hotkey. Right now, you can only toggle it on.
12. Make that map zoomable, and in general more interactable. I love that it can show me where, say, caslon is. But I have trouble putting that info to good use while I'm in the G screen, and then I forget it once I quit the G screen and return to the galaxy map.
13. Alternatively, maybe give us a find-resource overlay like that on the Galaxy map -- but directly on the main map. Perhaps some ability that would obscure everything on the main map except (1) my ships, and (2) celestial objects with the filtered resource. That would help me figure out what's close to what, what I need to send where, etc.
Some of my wished-for items may already be in the game! If so, please don't hesitate to enlighten me. Thanks for a great game!