1. space ports should assist in building themselves / upgrading themselves once the facilities are available and online.
example, if I build a small space port in a planet, then queue 10 colony ships in it, then set the spaceport to retrofit from small to large. The spaceport sits at "retrofitting" but doesn't actually build anything, it is on the planet's build queue, where it is last and will not be worked on until everything else is finished
2. also, idle colony ships should just go to the nearest colonizable planet (That is allowed, aka, follow the "don't colonize in other empire territory" rule)... they just sit there until you assign them.
3. an option to retire ships from the F7 menu
4. show which level spaceport each colony has in the F4 screen, with level 0 being no spaceport, level 1 being a small, level 2 being medium, and level 3 being large.
4a. Allow the player to set a target, which would be maintained. (meaning, automatically downgrade / upgrade... if destroyed, rebuild...)
4b. have a countdown before rebuilding... to prevent a loop that drains all your money on build attempts that get insta-destroyed due to one reason or another.
4c. have a delay where it does not start building at all while there are hostiles within firing range of where it would be built.
5. the ability to select a design from the F11 menu, and order all ships of that design to be retired at nearest spaceport.
5a. the ability to order all ships of that design to be retrofitted to another design from the same menu
< Message edited by taltamir -- 5/21/2010 8:04:46 AM >
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.