Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Autoconvoy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Autoconvoy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autoconvoy - 3/11/2010 4:02:32 PM   
Charbroiled

I'm the allies in a PBEM and we are at the end of February, '42. Using Patch 3, Scen 2

I want to keep Anchorage in supply, so I decided to try the autoconvoy (AC) system to do it. Normally I would use a CS TF, but I though AC might work better. After assigning ships to AC and making Anchorage part of the AC system, I was pretty happy when I saw a TF load fuel and supplies and head out to Anchorage.

Once the TF dropped off supplies, it started to load all of the oil that was in Anchorage.....1000 units. I started looking, and no base in Alaska produce oil and the TF is just sitting in Anchorage trying to load oil, but there is nothing left to load.

So, my questions:

1. Is this WAD?
2. Will my AC TF eventually stop trying to load oil and return to SF even though it isn't full?

I can provide a save if needed, but I thought I would wait and see if the TF started heading back to SF next turn before grumbling that "this game is borked". I'm just trying to find out what I should expect to see.

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Post #: 1
RE: Autoconvoy - 3/11/2010 4:22:45 PM   
Don Bowen

Working as designed.

1. Auto Convoy (and CS Convoys) will attempt to load "unneeded" oil or resources for transport home (instead of returning empty).
2. All Human Player convoys will load until full unless the human player intervenes.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 2
RE: Autoconvoy - 3/11/2010 5:09:50 PM   
Charbroiled

Thanks Don.  I'll keep an eye on it, but otherwise, I won't worry about it.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: Autoconvoy - 3/17/2010 6:55:45 PM   
Charbroiled

Well, I figured out what my confusion is.

The ship in question is a xAK and even though it says "Loading Oil", it is actually "Loading Resources".  Not sure if this is a big enough issue to take a look at, but it is confusing that it says one thing and is doing something else.  However, I should have figured it out sooner seeing as how the ship is a xAK and not a TK.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 4
RE: Autoconvoy - 3/17/2010 11:03:13 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Working as designed.

1. Auto Convoy (and CS Convoys) will attempt to load "unneeded" oil or resources for transport home (instead of returning empty).
2. All Human Player convoys will load until full unless the human player intervenes.

Not a huge issue, but I've seen, about five times since the patch, CS and auto-convoys to small islands try to load oil when there's only one oil point there and no wells. They sit at the base hex with one orange oil point on-board until I see this and take them off CS and send them home manually. It happened today in the DEI at Taberfane. The base detail screen says 1 oil storage and 1 resource storage. I haven't moved anything there but supplies. If it matters, the code was trying to load the oil onto an xAK.

I'm playing Allies against AI, game started under patch 1 and updated through patch 3, including hotfixes.

As an allied player I pretty much never want to move oil or resources even when the base is full of them, so this feature doesn't have a lot of utility for me. As I said, this isn't happening that much, but it's happening. Maybe there could be a check for the base generating oil or resources, or, just turn off the code for the allied player?

The Moose

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: Autoconvoy - 3/18/2010 1:11:26 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Following up on myself, I checked, and I have 27 bases with 1 resource point, and a similar number with 1 oil. Most are island bases I've taken from the Japanese, especially in the Gilberts and Marshalls. Auto-convoys I send there freeze trying to load resources or oil until I manually free them up, which makes auto-convoy not very useful.

As the Allied player I want to keep the metal moving; ships waiting to load resources I don't need and which will never appear make me lose twice. If there's a hotfix or next patch I'd suggest removing this feature in the Allied code.

The Moose

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Autoconvoy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI