Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MTW (old) Graphics Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> MTW (old) Graphics Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MTW (old) Graphics Issues - 3/6/2010 3:36:08 PM   
diablo1

I have a Vista 64 puter with 9800GT video card and I'm having issues with the combat graphics of MTW (old). Everytime it goes to the combat screen it just flickers and the mouse pointer just makes shadow streaks as I move it around the window. The map won't scroll either. Just that pointer which makes a silver pointer then a gold one then silver and on an on as I move around the window.

I've tried several socalled fixes but nothing works. Resolutions changes. Tried Compatibility Wizard settings for 3 different OS like 95 and 98 and XP and it still does the same thing when I get to the combat portion of the game. Adjusted resolutions down to 800x600. Turned anti aliasing off, tried with anti aliasing at 2x. Tried to set it up just like I have it setup on my XP system, but, still everytime I get to combat screen it's flickering and that mouse pointer just places mount pointer images all over the screen when I move it around.

Any suggestions?

I remember there was a mouse fix for some game I had awhile back that you typed after the command line of the game...something like -winmouse? It almost appears to be some hardware issue with my mouse but I can't be certain and I've tried different mouse features and settings and that didn't help either.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated since I hate switching back n forth between my new puter and my old one just to play a game that doesn't work on my new one.
Post #: 1
RE: MTW (old) Graphics Issues - 3/6/2010 7:54:11 PM   
Jevhaddah

Sigh I have the same problem on WIndows 7 64bit and my nvidia cards and appreciate any help to get the problem fixed.

Sorry diablo1 that cant be any help, just adding my wish for a fix

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 2
RE: MTW (old) Graphics Issues - 3/6/2010 9:05:32 PM   
Josh

Just a thought, maybe the issue has to do with the colourdepth and not the resolution, so if it's an old game maybe it still uses 8bit or 16 bit colour depth. Try to change that in your vidcard.
Good luck.

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 3
RE: MTW (old) Graphics Issues - 3/7/2010 5:29:21 AM   
martok

diablo,

If you've not already done so, you might want to check out these fixes. I can't guarantee they'll do the trick, but I know they've worked for quite a few folks.

That being said, MTW does have a notorious time running on newer Nvidia cards from the 8xxx and 9xxx series. (Of course, Nvida & CA point the finger at each other, claiming that it's the other company's responsibility to fix the problem.) Some people are able to figure out a way around this issue, some aren't.

In any case, I wish you luck! I'd be very sad if I couldn't run MTW anymore, so I strongly sympathize with your situation.

EDIT: Gah. Forgot to add the link.

< Message edited by martok -- 3/7/2010 5:31:14 AM >

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 4
RE: MTW (old) Graphics Issues - 3/7/2010 3:39:16 PM   
diablo1

Thanks Martoc but unfortunately that didn't work either. ;( Every other TW game post MTW works just fine but I'm stuck with playing MTW (old) on my old XP machine with a 5950 Ultra video card. It seems the 5900 series is the last good graphics card that will run everything that's several years old. Had a simular problem with Panzer General Scorched Earth, High Heat Baseball 2000 and Industry Giant II.

Something else I noticed in the DirectX Diag system in these Vista and I guess Win7 OS is that they don't allow you to turn anything off and on like adjusting mouse applications and direct draw and direct 3d. I used to could use a slider in WinXP to adjust these features or enable an unenable the direct draw/driect 3d abilities.

I'm wondering have the issues always been Nvidia Drivers? If so I'll buy an ATI Raedon card to replace the 9800GT as the 5770's are at a very nice price and directx11 ready?

So, anyone with an ATI Raedon high end card that has Vista 64 able to run MTW (old) without graphics or crashing issues?

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 5
RE: MTW (old) Graphics Issues - 3/8/2010 8:17:19 PM   
martok

Sorry to hear none of those solutions worked for you, man. I feel for you.

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

So, anyone with an ATI Raedon high end card that has Vista 64 able to run MTW (old) without graphics or crashing issues?

Well Vista isn't the problem (fortunately). MTW's issues with running on newer machines has almost entirely to do with the video card, depending on which one you have.

Unfortunately, I can't comment personally on how well -- or not -- the game runs on newer ATI Raedon cards, as I've still got an older XFX card (which I'm terrified of having to eventually replace) that runs MTW just fine. I will say, though, that the majority of folks I know of with ATI Raedons seem to be able to play MTW without much problem. If/when I get around to replacing/upgrading my XFX card, that's probably the brand I'm going to go with.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> MTW (old) Graphics Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI