Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Set up Nations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> PBEM Set up Nations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Set up Nations - 3/6/2010 10:04:26 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Anyone out there know if in the PBEM games, france is the only nation that can act as a ‘Set up’ nation?

We have successfully got a 4v4 (4 Humans v 4 AI) game running with the 4 bigger nations, ie france, England, Austria & Russia, but have hit a snag running the 4 smaller ones (Sweden, Turkey, Prussia & Spain) whereby Sweden as 1st Human does the ‘Set up’.

On trying to open Swedens T0, I get (another player can't open either) an ‘Assertion failure’, ... Line 85 (have a screen print), we are trying to sort it out with another player doing a test setup. But in the meantime it may save a load of Faffing about if we knew for sure that other nations in PBEM apart from france can do the ‘Set up’ turn.

Cheers.

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 3/6/2010 10:06:52 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 3/11/2010 4:53:16 PM   
ericbabe

Would you mind posting the screen capture of the assertion?  It may be that there is a bug that disallows PBEM games with non-French players.  I know for COG we tested PBEM games without France, but with the asynchronous PBEM feature we added for COG:EE it may be that something has changed such that PBEM games without France don't work any more.  We did quite a bit of PBEM testing for COG:EE, but perhaps no one explicitly tested for games without France.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 3/11/2010 5:29:14 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Here you go Eric ... Hopefully, if not I'll email it to you direct at WCS as a Zipped file.

PS, non of the other players could open it up either, and I have had no probs whatsoever with CoG EE on my puter, hope something can be fixed fro the patch, it would be good to be able to play the Smaller Nations via PBEM

All the Best
Peter

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 3/11/2010 5:32:38 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 3/16/2010 3:38:03 PM   
ericbabe

I've checked the code and I don't see anything where this assertion is tripped that would be caused by having France as a computer player.  If you wouldn't mind zipping the files and sending to me at ericbabe@west-civ.com I'll try loading it and see whether I can find out what's going on.  If you wouldn't mind, please check to make sure that the save file was created by finishing the PBEM turn and not by using the "save game" feature.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 3/17/2010 1:38:45 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Sorry Eric, I can't help on this one as I must have deleted the files before setting up a 'Test' set up as Sweden from my puter (that was just to check it wasn't something with Paul's puter as I have previously not had any probs either Merging or Setting up so therefore reasoned my puter was sound for CoG EE) Aaanyhow the Chaps all had the same prob with the game I generated so I am guessing it's not a puter related problem.

Hopefully Paul, who did the orriginal Set up still has the files and can supply you with them.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 3/17/2010 12:02:59 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Eric, as Paul has also deleated his orriginal files I have set up a new Sweden set up of 4v4 , ie without france in the game and asked the orriginal Chaps to do a test run of their turns to see how far we get, will let you have the results, hopefully in a Day or 2.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 4/5/2010 8:33:22 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Sorry P Eric it's been more than a day or 2 but the good news is, "Yes", you can set up & run a PBEM game without france as the 'Set up' Nation. We finally managed to get a 4v4 PBEM running (now on Turn 3) with just the Minor powers (Prussia Sweden, Turkey & Spain); it did however take a deal of swapping nations around as the Assertion failures and/or just not going ended up with only 2 of the 4 being able to do the 'Set up' &/or 'Merge' process, this is also happening in some of the 8 player PBEMs and at a rough guess I think c1/4 of players that try to do either of the 2 processes get the Assertion failure/Crash/just can’t get it to run.

Of course this may well be a puter Hardware prob, dunno, but it does seem that the failure rate is a tad over for that, anyhow thats an update on how things have gone, thanks for doing the earlier checks etc, but at least the PBEM community as a whole now knows that france need not be included in the line up of Human players.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM Set up Nations - 4/11/2010 10:42:18 PM   
ericbabe

Thank you for helping to investigate this.  I'm not sure why there are problems with certain minors starting them game.  I will try to reproduce this.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> PBEM Set up Nations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI