Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random events

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Random events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random events - 3/4/2010 9:59:05 AM   
Okim

Hi.

I know that in DW we will have civil revolts/wars, exploration encounters, but will we have real random events?

By random events i mean something that happens independently from player, such as:

- new resource deposits discovered on one of the planets that were previously undetected by scout sensors.
- mineral deposits depletion.
- sudden atmospheric changes (penalising or increasing pop growth and happiness).
- money taken/given (thievery, donation etc).
- ship damage and other ship effects.
- popularity boost/penalty for a random time (superstar concerts or terrorism of some sort).
- tech breakthrough/halt.

Many 4-x games have such events and i can`t remeber any successful game without them.

Post #: 1
RE: Random events - 3/4/2010 10:04:44 AM   
Wade1000

I was first by 10 minutes. Heh. :) But I like your in depth approach.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2391804

I will merge my thread to yours and ask for mine to be deleted.
-----

What sorts of normal events and mega events that randomly happen at colonies and space throughout the galaxy are there? These are seperate from the situational, exploration-related popups which require our immediate decisions.

Random normal events and mega events would be interseting if they are fun and not too negative or annoying.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 3/4/2010 10:23:09 AM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 2
RE: Random events - 3/4/2010 10:34:41 AM   
Okim

Sorry, didn`t notice your post. Was too busy recalling events from similar games :)

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 3
RE: Random events - 3/8/2010 8:15:30 PM   
Webbco

Talking of random events...mere days before the release of this game I have somehow managed to get a nasty virus on my PC! Noooooo! Can anyone point me in the direction to get help to rid of what I think is the virtumonde.prx virus? I'm aware this is the wrong place to start talking about this - just need a bit of guidance.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Random events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI