Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another Guadalcanal Glitch`

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Another Guadalcanal Glitch` Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/2/2010 4:35:55 PM   
Lifer

After installing the beta patch, when I go now to transfer units out of restricted HQs, I get a list of every HQ in the Pacific. Some are listed under SoPacRear where I could pay a reduced cost to move the units which I don't think is WAD for this scenario.

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
Post #: 1
RE: Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/6/2010 3:19:38 PM   
ade670

Has this 'glitch'been resolved yet as it occurs in the final release of the patch too.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 2
RE: Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/6/2010 4:32:55 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Not that i'm helping mutch but I am playing Guad scenario too, we updated to patch 3 recently and as allies i dont see this at all , hence this really is a bug you 2 are seeing , unless ofc your ok and i'm bugged .

good luck

EDIT .. I am seeing this for australian units now, US units are still same as ever. Transferred an arty unit to 1st australian army to free it up from restricted command. Not sure if thats inteneded or not however. Maybe a game date issue ?

< Message edited by Rob Brennan UK -- 3/8/2010 7:08:00 PM >

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to ade670)
Post #: 3
RE: Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/7/2010 1:17:19 AM   
jomni

My allied opponent did not mention about this so far.

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 4
RE: Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/8/2010 7:09:52 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

My allied opponent did not mention about this so far.

you only notice it when you want to change HQ's , not something an allied player does every turn as you get v few PP's and some units are very expensive to buy out. I would imagine he hasnt seen it yet.

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 5
RE: Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/8/2010 9:18:16 PM   
Lifer

I just started another game with my esteemed opponent after he roughed me up.  Still there in Patch 3.  I keep to the spirit of the scenario and only choose the Australia Command(R) -> SWPac and SoPacRear(R) -> SoPac command transfers.  I do kind of wonder if I am able to subordinate units to I Aus Corps or 1st Aus Army which would be subordinate to SWPac if I could gain an AV bonus for being in range of that HQ rather than SWPac. 

Another glitch could be that 5th Air Force and 13th USAAF both enter as Headquarters.  Shouldn't these be designated as Air Headquarters to be usable to reduce overstacking penalties and gain the other benefits of Air HQs?

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 6
RE: Another Guadalcanal Glitch` - 3/9/2010 7:47:12 AM   
michaelm75au

The problem is that some units start out attached to HQs that aren't on the map or even due to arrive. Plus sometimes the chain of command seems to have a HQ 'out of play' in the middle.

When you go to change these units, it use to take a HQ near to the one that it could get (because of not in play).  This resulted in the unit sometimes changing HQ even if you exited without confirming the change.

To get around this I opened up the HQs on the change screen so that the unit's assigned HQ stay put, you can see the proper chain of command and made the done button active only after the player made a selection.

Michael

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Another Guadalcanal Glitch` Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI