Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Civ 5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Civ 5 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Civ 5 - 2/21/2010 2:21:11 PM   
killroyishere

Yep and now You are violating those rules Goodguy. Better read the part about going off topic in threads on purpose as you and Judge Dredd have clearly done. Now you become the troll. You see it "DOES NOT" encourage futher discussion as I can clearly see you and Judge Dreed are not doing. All you are doing is trolling this thread and taking it off topic time after time. Thus causing myself to take it off topic as well. I suggest you cease and desist and let the forum admins make the decisions of what other members should and shouldn't do..k? K!
You violated rule 5 by angering another participant on this message board because you deliberately posted it. Thus you are trolling. Judge Dredd did the same thing. He deliberately angered another participant by going off topic in this thread about my sig As my sig is not a post it is a sig. I suggest you follow the forum rules yourself and remove the beam from your own eyes before trying to remove the splinter from mine.

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 31
RE: Civ 5 - 2/21/2010 5:08:10 PM   
bairdlander

Killroyishere is one of the most intelligent,thoughtful individuals on this forum.His words of wisdom constantly amaze me with their depth and clearly he is an expert on all subjects and matters to which he posts.He is in my opinion one of the finest,upstanding human beings i have ever had the pleasure of communicating with.Killroyishere,could you please pm me with you e mail address so we can talk further?Thanks.

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 2/21/2010 5:09:26 PM >

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 32
RE: Civ 5 - 2/21/2010 6:02:25 PM   
Knavery

It still amazes me how disrespectful people are on the internet--something that would never be tolerated in person without a foot up one's ass.

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 33
RE: Civ 5 - 2/21/2010 6:48:06 PM   
Bison36

Until there is more known about the game changes, the combat will remain somewhat a mystery. However looking at the screen shots and knowing that artillery will have a range to fire over several tiles, I suspect that the combat will resemble Panzer General or Fantasy Wars style combat. I think that alone would make the combat more strategic and fun than the current model of killer stacks.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 34
RE: Civ 5 - 2/21/2010 7:01:22 PM   
martok

While I'll be adopting a "wait and see" policy (as many here seem to already be doing), I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. I've actually not played any of the previous Civ titles (shame! I know), but this one looks interesting.

< Message edited by martok -- 2/21/2010 7:02:12 PM >

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 35
RE: Civ 5 - 2/21/2010 9:50:57 PM   
RyanCrierie

The problem is, Sid Meier seems to always take one step forward, and two steps back. The Resource thing as implemented in Civ III was a good step forward, but it was handled so retardedly -- Coal and Iron are some of the most prolific materials on earth, so they should show up in much greater frequency than they did in the stock game. What I always did with my Civ III was I modded the frequency certain resources appeared at; and it dramatically improved my game.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 36
RE: Civ 5 - 2/22/2010 3:40:36 AM   
Bison36

The resource placement and frequency never bothered me. Personally I feel it adds to the strategic planning process.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 37
RE: Civ 5 - 2/22/2010 6:18:05 AM   
ilovestrategy

Well, in the last 20 years I have yet to be disappointed by a Civ game. I will be picking this up on release day. I can't wait! Woot!

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 38
RE: Civ 5 - 2/24/2010 2:33:56 AM   
Erik Rutins

Killroyishere,

Judge was right - your anti-trolling sig ends up in fact being trolling as when you name other users as trolls (and are not a mod) that constitutes a personal attack. Please change your sig at your next login to remove any user names.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 39
RE: Civ 5 - 2/28/2010 11:05:30 PM   
GoodGuy

He either didn't see your request or he ignored it.
So I'll bump it.

But a PM might do the job too, Erik

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 2/28/2010 11:07:01 PM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 40
RE: Civ 5 - 2/28/2010 11:21:14 PM   
V22 Osprey

Civilization V actually looks pretty good. Part me hates the new hex grid(How many times have we seen hexes in wargames?) yet another part of me likes the hexes.(I'll take hexes over the box spaces any day.)

I'm loving the improved graphics, the cites and terrain look spectacular.(heck it's like Empire Total War with hexes)I also like how they are leaning away from "one man" armies and instead are actually showing like 10 guys this time around. This means it will actually feel more like an army.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 41
RE: Civ 5 - 2/28/2010 11:31:14 PM   
Knavery

The less cartoony the better IMO.

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 42
RE: Civ 5 - 3/1/2010 12:12:50 AM   
gunny

I'm curious to see how the world globally scrolls, when playing the global level this should be continuous and smooth. Without the need to go all the way to the east and then back to the other side of the world, it should be the world that spins and not the player.

Same with scrolling with the mouse wheel to zoom in closer and zoom out again to get a big picture, this should be smooth with many increments. So the player can pick the height they wish to view at easily, then drift with the mouse as the player controls it.

If CIV 5 does not implement modern hardware command and control techniques to its game then I won't bother this round. I was less than impressed with CIV IV and found it archaic when it was new.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 43
RE: Civ 5 - 3/1/2010 12:32:35 AM   
carnifex

Gonna pass on this one. How many times can I research Architecture in my lifetime? Oh, a bonus to bridgebuilding? Sweet!

(in reply to gunny)
Post #: 44
RE: Civ 5 - 3/1/2010 1:16:34 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunny

I'm curious to see how the world globally scrolls, when playing the global level this should be continuous and smooth. Without the need to go all the way to the east and then back to the other side of the world, it should be the world that spins and not the player.

Same with scrolling with the mouse wheel to zoom in closer and zoom out again to get a big picture, this should be smooth with many increments. So the player can pick the height they wish to view at easily, then drift with the mouse as the player controls it.

Eh? Civ IV did all this just as you describe......

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to gunny)
Post #: 45
RE: Civ 5 - 3/1/2010 1:48:30 AM   
gunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Eh? Civ IV did all this just as you describe......

Not very well compared to other games. It was implemented very poorly.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Civ 5 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI