Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory Points dropping fast

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Victory Points dropping fast Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory Points dropping fast - 2/10/2010 9:27:29 AM   
Galahad78

I found something strange yesterday in my Guadalcanal scenario. Perhaps I do not understand properly the way victory points are calculated.

At the end of November, 1942, the Allies have about 9000 victory points. Then I spent a month arranging the amphibious assault to Rabaul, moving troops, vessels and supplies to Noumea, standing down bombers at PM and the like. Little combat did take place in this month: some sub attacks from both sides, without success; some bomber attacks in the Dutch base up north.

Surprise is when I recheck the VP on Dec 24 and see that the VPs are a little below 7000

Does anybody have some explanation for this? I know that VP are affected by FOW, but in this case it should the other way round, as I know for sure that I've sunk more Jap carriers than the ones shown in the list
Post #: 1
RE: Victory Points dropping fast - 2/10/2010 9:58:19 AM   
Sardaukar

Does Japanese hold bases with high VP value in scenario? If those are expanded (airfield and port), VP values will expand too. 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Galahad78)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory Points dropping fast - 2/10/2010 7:25:18 PM   
topeverest

To be clear, you are talking about the Allied VP's not the VP ratio, and you are playing FOW. The only ways I know that your VPs can actually fall (not the enemy's rise)
Loss of bases
Loss of VP's for insufficent garrisons at required bases.
Damage or destruction of all types of industry at certain points on the map.
VP award for enemy ships, planes, and LCU's not actually destroyed that are reversed (not completely sure of this one, but I have strong anecdotal evidence.)

Everything else is an addition the your enemy's total as far as I know.

Can anybody amend and/or correct?

Andy M

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Victory Points dropping fast - 2/11/2010 10:26:14 AM   
Galahad78

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

To be clear, you are talking about the Allied VP's not the VP ratio, and you are playing FOW. The only ways I know that your VPs can actually fall (not the enemy's rise)
Loss of bases
Loss of VP's for insufficent garrisons at required bases.
Damage or destruction of all types of industry at certain points on the map.
VP award for enemy ships, planes, and LCU's not actually destroyed that are reversed (not completely sure of this one, but I have strong anecdotal evidence.)

Everything else is an addition the your enemy's total as far as I know.

Can anybody amend and/or correct?

Haven' lost a base in the scenario, nor (i understand) do i need to have garrisons (or do i? ), neither have industry destroyed. That's what shocks me

VP's for ships, planes and LCU's could be the key, then, but almost 2000 VP in a month?

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 4
RE: Victory Points dropping fast - 2/11/2010 3:39:23 PM   
topeverest

I'd get this one to tech support and have them disect it, assuming you have an old executable.

Andy M

(in reply to Galahad78)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Victory Points dropping fast Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI