Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supplying units in an atoll assault

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> supplying units in an atoll assault Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supplying units in an atoll assault - 2/3/2010 8:11:32 PM   
dekwik

I have several US marine regiments assaulting Canton island. The defenders are still holding out and I need to get more supplies landed. If we land supplies with an amphibious supply drop, I'm pretty sure that triggers a shock attack, that I really don't want to make yet. Can anybody confirm?
Can we land supplies to troops attacking an atoll by fast transport without the troops on the island automatically shock attacking?
Post #: 1
RE: supplying units in an atoll assault - 2/3/2010 9:23:05 PM   
John Lansford

You need a seperate TF that is carrying nothing but supplies (preferably in amphibious mode) so it can unload at the same time your troops go ashore.  If you rely on the supplies the troop ships carry they won't unload that until all the troops are unloaded first.  You can also put supply only ships in the assault TF and that will work too.

I don't think unloading supplies only will trigger the shock attack; troops unloading is the only trigger for that IIRC.

(in reply to dekwik)
Post #: 2
RE: supplying units in an atoll assault - 2/3/2010 11:01:01 PM   
dekwik

supplies are going in then! Amphib and fast transport. But if you're wrong John, you'll have a lot of pixel blood on your hands...:)

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> supplying units in an atoll assault Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI