Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To ABJ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> To ABJ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To ABJ - 1/9/2010 3:35:50 PM   
bo

A personal apology to ABJ for any negative comments in the past or the present on these posts, if I have offended you I am truly sorry, it was not my intention to do that, my intention was to get some of the posters here to complain to Matrix to get Steve more help and get this game on the market, I went about it in the wrong way and the posts got out of hand, I as everyone else here, are frustrated waiting for this game, I happen to show it differently than others, I am negative and impatient most of the time I will try to correct this in the future, I do not understand marketing in the gaming business, most games hit the market without all this fanfare and you play them. But this game is different, it is probably the most discussed game in war gaming history prior to release. And in the last few months has led to some harsh posts, I cannot answer for others ABJ but I can answer for myself, my posts will be only about the game if I post at all. Truly no negativity is a hard thing for me and I have to cope with it and I am looking forward to the release of this game in the near future. Again my deepest apology to you for what you believed was a personal attack on you, it was no more than me taking my frustaions out on you and other posters.

Bo
Post #: 1
RE: To ABJ - 1/9/2010 4:08:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

A personal apology to ABJ for any negative comments in the past or the present on these posts, if I have offended you I am truly sorry, it was not my intention to do that, my intention was to get some of the posters here to complain to Matrix to get Steve more help and get this game on the market, I went about it in the wrong way and the posts got out of hand, I as everyone else here, are frustrated waiting for this game, I happen to show it differently than others, I am negative and impatient most of the time I will try to correct this in the future, I do not understand marketing in the gaming business, most games hit the market without all this fanfare and you play them. But this game is different, it is probably the most discussed game in war gaming history prior to release. And in the last few months has led to some harsh posts, I cannot answer for others ABJ but I can answer for myself, my posts will be only about the game if I post at all. Truly no negativity is a hard thing for me and I have to cope with it and I am looking forward to the release of this game in the near future. Again my deepest apology to you for what you believed was a personal attack on you, it was no more than me taking my frustaions out on you and other posters.

Bo
Warspite1

Nice one bo - it got a bit heated from certain sections on both "sides" back there - so it is big of you to say mea culpa in a public way.

We all share your frustration - we all want this most billiant of games yesterday - but I`m sure no one more than Steve who has the job of coding this thing.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2
RE: To ABJ - 1/9/2010 4:41:49 PM   
wworld7

Bo,

Nice apology, I hope it is accepted by ABJ, you may even get a PM from him if he wants to keep this between you two.

Be well,

Flipper

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3
RE: To ABJ - 1/9/2010 6:40:01 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

Bo,

Nice apology, I hope it is accepted by ABJ, you may even get a PM from him if he wants to keep this between you two.

Be well,

Wrong is wrong Flipper not trying to appease anyone I am not too good at that, but sometimes you WIF board game people have to understand those of us who have never seen this board game, have not the faintest idea what you are talking about in posts, I have learned a great deal from you and others about the operations of this game, but a lot of the posts are over my head and I cant relate to them such as this rule and that rule, thats why the actual game became an obsession with me, poor excuse for my behavior but its the way I feel, it became so bad with me that I evened agreed with MAC the heck with the AI get the game out into the market arena and then do an AI. I participate in the Battleground forums and when I brought up the MWIF game as looking pretty good the comments were yeah 5 minutes of game time and 55 minutes of every hour rereading rules. I feel the rules done by Steve in game will eliminate a lot of looking rules up but people outside of the world of WIF have a very different outlook. Not an excuse but its tough looking in through a small window at a game that you have very little knowldge of but are willing to learn.

Bo

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 4
RE: To ABJ - 1/9/2010 7:33:28 PM   
wworld7

You may be right, but I don't expect being able to handle the game even poorly without an extensive reading and re-reading of the rules. This game makes AH's 3R look like checkers. I admit that it took me awhile to nail down 3R's rules well. But it took longer to become able to "see" the advanced possibilities and how it effected strategy (for good or worse).

Have a nice weekend.

Flipper

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 5
RE: To ABJ - 3/8/2010 5:18:43 AM   
Anendrue

Bo,

First I want to say I am sorry for not seeing this topic earlier. For that I am very sorry. I also want to say I graciously and humbly accept your apology. It takes a very big man to make a public mea culpa as you have. My hat is off to you sir. I also wish to say to you; my apologies for taking your statements so literally to heart. I guess I need to learn to lighten up and grow some thicker skin. Again, thank you very much and my apologies for not replying sooner.

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 6
RE: To ABJ - 3/10/2010 1:18:05 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: abj9562

Bo,

First I want to say I am sorry for not seeing this topic earlier. For that I am very sorry. I also want to say I graciously and humbly accept your apology. It takes a very big man to make a public mea culpa as you have. My hat is off to you sir. I also wish to say to you; my apologies for taking your statements so literally to heart. I guess I need to learn to lighten up and grow some thicker skin. Again, thank you very much and my apologies for not replying sooner.

I still think your lying to yourself ouch just kidding, thank you for getting back to me deeply appreciate it had me very concerned that I offended you that much, it truly wasnt meant to do that, I have stayed off the posts because anything I would have to say now would be terribly negative about this game and Matrix.

Bo

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 7
RE: To ABJ - 4/10/2010 3:14:35 AM   
gwgardner

Bo being negative? No. Never!

Aggressors: Ancient Rome
My favorite 4x game now.

http://www.slitherine.com/products/723/details/Aggressors.Ancient.Rome

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 8
RE: To ABJ - 4/12/2010 12:32:18 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Bo being negative? No. Never!

Thank you GW, I think, where has your head been for the last month on this thread, playing TOW? Ask Flipper he knows I am not negative

Bo

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 9
Game time v. Rule-reading time - 4/12/2010 2:19:52 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo
... I participate in the Battleground forums and when I brought up the MWIF game as looking pretty good the comments were yeah 5 minutes of game time and 55 minutes of every hour rereading rules. ...

I'm not looking to get into the Bo/Andy issue apart from thanking Bo for initiating the kiss-and-make-up session. Well done there.

My post here is about the question of game time v. rule-reading time. There was certainly a steep learning curve for cardboard WiF, but:

a) 55 minutes per hour? Maybe for the first few days of the first game if you were a bunch of newbies but that kind of learning curve is the same for any complex piece of machinery (hardware, software, relating to your girlfriend, doing a tax return, learning to ski etc.). The question is whether the payback is worth the initial effort and IMHO the payback for WiF is astronomical.

b) the learning multipliers that are available these days are phenomenal. Forums, Wikis, instant messaging, on-line tutorials etc, so while reading the WiF rule book is still essential, the learning process it is a lot easier than it used to be.

c) some players are satisfied with simple games - that's an observation, not a value judgement. People have different interests and, just as I will never bother invest the effort to learn all of the settings available in my VCR and Set-Top box, there are some players whose interest level in wargames fades long before they learn to master WiF. If they are content with an Axis and Allies level of wargame then good luck to them. Likewise, if they find a complex wargame more suited to their personal taste than WiF then they should vote with their pocketbook and leave MWiF on the shelf.

I think the whole Battleground v. Matrix v. Paradox fan fight is ridiculous. If you don't like a game then don't play it.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 10
RE: Game time v. Rule-reading time - 4/13/2010 2:58:36 PM   
HansHafen

I play both WIF and Axis & Allies games and love them both. Sometimes you feel like a complex game, sometimes you don't. The market provides the games, I play the ones I like.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 11
RE: To ABJ - 4/15/2010 6:51:08 PM   
bo

Hi Greyshaft I was not trying to compare Matrix with battlefront, but some comments were made on the battlefront forums about how they would never buy the game and I asked why, because of what I learned here about the game from you posters it seems like a darn good wargame, and when I questioned several people about their feelings their comments were 55 minutes reading rules and 5 minutes game time I was just repeating what I heard as I have no knowldge about the actual playing of the game, I was not being negative or trolling or anything like that, I know I have been very negative about the completion of this game but my post had nothing to do with those feelings it was just repeating what I heard or read on the forums.

Bo

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> To ABJ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI