Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilot Training Problem ??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Pilot Training Problem ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 2:40:55 AM   
Rugens

Perhaps I'm just getting old but am running into something that looks pretty strange to me. I will attach photos of both the pilot screen and the squadron screen. Essentially it looks like my trainees are improving their skills but the experience is not improving. I confirmed by looking in "Tracker" that the experience for all of the pilots shown has not changed for the last 4 turns. As you can see in the screenshot the skills have improved. The same thing appears to be happening in all of the units I am using for pilot training.

Am using v.1.02.1096. If it is something worth a closer look and a save file would help just let me know.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 2:43:32 AM   
Rugens

Unit screen

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rugens)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 5:12:12 AM   
jackyo123

i have been seeing this in many squadrons, for weeks, and thought it was WAD. Is it guaranteed that experience goes up when skill points go up?

(in reply to Rugens)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 5:41:25 AM   
Rugens

I don't think it is a given that both skill and experience go up in some sort of relationship but statistically to have had so many low experience pilots (which are suppose to increase in skill and experience fairly rapidly when under 50) gain no experience at all seems unlikely. So, either I goofed up and am missing something, or in the last patch something was changed that is causing the situation. My bet/hope is the latter. If it's the former, my mind is going away much quicker than I want to think about.

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 6:29:11 AM   
pompack

Exp goes up much slower than individual skills. I have tried to get some sort of definition from the devs of exactly haw exp is determined but I didn't get much. As near as I can tell, it is a weighted average of the top X skills but I am not clear if X is 6, 12 or something in between; I also have no idea what the weight factor could be. I have also heard that def is not included in the average.

In any case, if it is computed based upon the other numbers exp will go up much slower than the individual ratings.

Now with all that said, I have also seen exp go up without any of the other skills changing after combat. So go figure

(in reply to Rugens)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 5:02:27 PM   
jackyo123

might just be a statistical fluke. Also, the leader of the group makes a big difference on whether or not experience goes up. I read somewhere that a comparison is done between the experience of the pilot and the group leader, and the percentage diff affects the die rolls to see if he gains exp. Try putting in a 65/65 leader and see what happens.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 5:07:54 PM   
Nomad

I also thought theElf said that experience is used for those areas there are no skills for. So, if your Air and Defense skills are going up those will be better fighter pilots, but might not be so good at landing.

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 7
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 7:36:32 PM   
Gary D

Carl;

Just an observation from another "old guy", no insight into the code here. It appears you can take a squadron of rookies (25-35XP) and train them to 50-55 in two skill categories in the time it will take their XP level to hit 50. So for "ball park" calculations I figure 2:1 skills increase/XP gain.

All the best!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 8
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/24/2009 8:40:51 PM   
pompack

Also, I now remember a comment from a very early post-release thread that said that experience also goes up with ... experience

After ten days of training I have a LOT of pilots that have gone up multiple points in one or more skills as well as def without going up at all in exp. OTOH I just counted 52 pilots, all in operational units that are NOT training, that have gone up at least one point in experience without going up at all in any skill (orange experience and neutral color in all stills).

(in reply to Gary D)
Post #: 9
RE: Pilot Training Problem ?? - 12/25/2009 4:13:08 AM   
michaelm75au

Experience is not as important in AE as it was in stock.
A lot of checking of 'experience' now invloves in checking the appropriate skill.

Experience does improve.
Aslo if experience level outperforms skills by too much, the experience adjustment will get applied to an appropriate skill instead.

Michael

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Pilot Training Problem ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI