Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VCR Bug and Version #'s

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> VCR Bug and Version #'s Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VCR Bug and Version #'s - 11/13/2000 11:34:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

I've only been playing this game a week or so. I first got the 3.0 version on a PC Gamer CD. Yesterday I got the 4.0 version on the Computer Gaming World CD. I want to play this with friends around the world, so the PBEM feature is of high importance. I've read a lot on this forum that the VCR replay doesn't work right in PBEM. The VCR replay seems highly important for PBEM. Here's what I found at Tankhead's SPW@W site http://tankhead.home.icq.com/main.html (edited to fit my particular question):
quote:

STEEL PANTHERS WORLD AT WAR v4.4 FEATURES, CHANGES and BUG FIXES IN v4.4 NEW FEATURES, ENHANCEMENTS and BUG FIXES v4.4: ... 2. PBEM saves should save properly in slots 10, 11, 12 now. 3. Fixed PBEM VCR replay stopping prematurely. ... 6. Added a much larger VCR replay buffer and now saved the VCR replay as a separate file so it compresses better. 7. Units disappearing bug fixed and VCR playback missing units corrected also.
Does this mean that the only players having problems with PBEM are those who havn't downloaded the 4.4 patch, or are there still problems with PBEM? Should I stick with an earlier version if I want PBEM? (I tried to put enough info in this post to help out other FNGs, too. )

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.
Post #: 1
- 11/13/2000 1:24:00 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

There seems to be problems with the "much larger buffer" not being as large as it is supposed to be, thus the replay problem is still there. Tom

(in reply to GrinningDwarf)
Post #: 2
- 11/13/2000 2:58:00 PM   
Fredde

It's well possible to still play a PBEM game despite this bug. I do believe that the advantages of patching the game up to 4.4 version (extra stuff built in/bugs fixed etc) are greater than the sometimes functional vcr replay in the earlier versions. Think about it as a denser fog of war.. you'll get used to it

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

Post #: 3
- 11/14/2000 1:45:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Please Fix the VCR! Yes? Are you going to fix it? Tell me that you will do, please. I need to play this incredible game with my friends! pleeeaaaseee, pleeeaaaseee, yes?

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> VCR Bug and Version #'s Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI