Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB - 11/29/2009 8:59:50 PM   
offenseman

Following the morning attacks on 12/7 at Pearl Harbor, KB was out of torpedoes for its Kates. I have never noticed before this that KB ran out of torps so quickly. Am I just not observant enough or is this something that needs to be addressed?

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.
Post #: 1
RE: 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB - 11/29/2009 9:25:49 PM   
pompack

Kaga- 45 torps and 27 Kates

One strike and there are not enough torpedoes for a second full strike.

I suspect what happened was you got very lucky and everyone carried torpedoes instead of 800kg bombs for the PH strike. Usually it's the other way around

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 2
RE: 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB - 11/29/2009 10:43:48 PM   
offenseman

That lends itself to another question.  45 - 27 is 18.  Using your example of Kaga: Kaga has 15 serviceable aircraft but torpedoes show are in red.  There seems to be enough to arm all aircraft with torps.  Or am I missing what the meaning of torpedoes in red on the unit page really is.   Not feeling real bright today. 

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 3
RE: 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB - 11/29/2009 10:44:47 PM   
offenseman

FYI- I did not use historical first turn so was able to task all Kates with port attack using torpedoes.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 4
RE: 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB - 11/30/2009 1:02:50 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

FYI- I did not use historical first turn so was able to task all Kates with port attack using torpedoes.

I think that anytime that you target a port there is an internal random that decides how many of the Kates carry torpedoes and how many cary 800kg bombs.

Now as to the numbers, damfino . I have been trying to figure that out ever since we got AE. It is a problem both with the carriers and with the Air Divisions with torpedo counters. When the count becomes less than the total number of a/c but more than the available a/c will they still use them? As near as I have been able to determine the answer is sometimes. In fact I have had the torpedo count go to zero when the number of available a/c is more than the torpedo count (I couldn't tell who did what to whom because of strikes with a/c from multiple bases/carriers).

I would love for someone to figure this out and explain it to all of us

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 5
RE: 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB - 11/30/2009 3:35:43 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

That lends itself to another question.  45 - 27 is 18.  Using your example of Kaga: Kaga has 15 serviceable aircraft but torpedoes show are in red.  There seems to be enough to arm all aircraft with torps.  Or am I missing what the meaning of torpedoes in red on the unit page really is.   Not feeling real bright today. 

If the mission is PORT ATTACK, then it is not possible to know ahead of time if torpedoes will really be used. It might use 800KG bombs instead. So it errs on the caution side by showing in RED.
If you change the mission to NAVAL ATTACK, then it would probably be GREEN.
The meaning of the RED does not necessarily mean it out of torps, just that it can equip the all the planes with them:
1. No torps
2. Mission does not permit torps
3. Not enough for whole group

Michael

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> 1094 bug or not? Torp supply on KB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI