Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need opponent for 30 X100 all land mirrored scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Need opponent for 30 X100 all land mirrored scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need opponent for 30 X100 all land mirrored scenario - 11/17/2009 1:55:04 AM   
dominickpa

I have been playing random mirrored land scenarios to learn the game, so only have experience with land and air units, and consistently win against the computer. Now I would like to play against experienced human players for a better challenge.

My proposed mirrored scenario is 30 wide by 100 long, so you will only be scrolling up and down if you have a 1920 X 1200 resolution monitor (24”). You will have a mix of 14 (2000 and 4000 structure point) towns, 80% forest, 20% mountains and roads to all of your towns. There are 20 hexes between the two territories without roads, and no rivers or water. No other scenario components, besides fog of war, first level tech, anti-supply, anti-PBEM cheat, and screen shots are used.

In sum, there will be time to capture all your towns on your half of the scenario, and build subformations without getting rushed. I suggest a truce for the first 15 turns, and that a win will be to capture and hold two of the five frontline cities for one full turn. In other words, one of us must capture two of the cities and they both must contain at least one subformation at the end of a defenders turn.

While my mix of subformations has crushed AI opponents at a kill/loss ratio of about 500 to 1, before advancing to take their towns, I would guess that this would not be possible, even with an inexperienced human player. So I am curious to find out if I am blowing smoke out of my own ass, or actually have some cunning strategic skills.

I can play several turns each day for the first 15 turns, then about one a day after that. I have version 1.20 and have a problem upgrading, even after several contacts with support staff. I want to start the game playing the south and this would be my first play by e-mail, so I may need some help in doing this. Below is a screen shot of the scenario you can try to win, and I am open to playing maybe two or three challengers simultaneously. You might want to keep in mind that I am probably older than most of your daddies, but am ready to rumble.

(couldn't figure out to add screen shot to this post)

< Message edited by dominickpa -- 11/17/2009 2:05:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Need opponent for 30 X100 all land mirrored scenario - 11/24/2009 3:00:42 PM   
dominickpa

Currently playing with a worthy opponent, who suggested hardcore tactics and seasons.  If you are also up to playing with these options, let me know, as this offers a more challenging tactical game.

(in reply to dominickpa)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Need opponent for 30 X100 all land mirrored scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI