Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rearming Ships Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Rearming Ships Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rearming Ships Question - 10/31/2009 3:38:56 PM   
Icedawg

Can ships rearm at a port at which they cannot dock? As long as the rearm cost is met between port size and naval support squads, can a large ship rearm at a port that is too small for it to dock at? The manual says something to the effect that ships can conduct most operations at ports at which they cannot dock, but they do so at a reduced rate. Is rearming one of those operations?

I ask this, because at the start of the game, the Japanese BB's can only dock at a handful of ports outside of the HI. If they can only rearm at ports large enough for them to dock at, then seizing a large port (Batavia, Soerabaja or Singapore) becomes crucial to maintaining them in operations. If they can rearm at smaller ports (with sufficient naval support present), then those large ports aren't quite as important.
Post #: 1
RE: Rearming Ships Question - 10/31/2009 5:41:14 PM   
Don Bowen

Yes. Ships can replenish from ports at which they can not dock under certain circumstances.

Basically, level 5 port or larger (assumes port has fuel lighters, etc) or a smaller port with sufficient naval support (assumes naval support provides the lighters).

All the figures are in the manual. Port rearm levels by port size and effect of naval support. If you get enough naval support to raise the rearm level over level 4, you got it!

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Rearming Ships Question - 11/1/2009 3:39:01 AM   
freeboy

ok obvious probably but naval support comes from a base unit?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: Rearming Ships Question - 11/1/2009 4:48:28 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

ok obvious probably but naval support comes from a base unit?

Naval Support is a device. Just like Support, Aviation Support, etc. It comes from any land unit that has naval support.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Rearming Ships Question - 11/1/2009 6:37:01 AM   
freeboy

right.. not a function of supply fuel etc, thanks.. somethings in AE are abstracted, well a few, but most are not, amazing level of detail...
THANKS!!! the one thing that is amaing is the commitmen of the folks on the forums to help! bravo.. now where are those sneakie Jap Cv's?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Rearming Ships Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI