Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion for future updates. Campaign game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Suggestion for future updates. Campaign game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion for future updates. Campaign game - 10/20/2009 5:36:03 PM   
Templer_12

The grand campaign takes time. Lot´s of it.

What would happen if we divided the great campaign in the year or half year sections as a additional option?

You start the game on 7. December and plays until 6. December of the following year.
Then the points screen appears, telling you if you won or lose the last year with the option to continue the campaign.
After another year of playing the points screen with the option to continue pop up again and so on.

Or opportunity to step into the big campaign beside".
So the game begins, for example, on 6. December 1943.
The player should then start to play he´ll find almost the historical circumstances of the 6 December 1943.

Or perhaps the opportunity to enter a date by random time in the war and will find a randomly generated situation.

Or some mission like: The US President gave you the command of the pacific theather. It depends on your results to [Date] to stay in command.

I asked in a small German forum what it may be due to that Witpen AE in Germany is so unknown.
One answer was that many players feel the big campaign is simply too long.

I myself will play again but I doubt if I'll ever finish the big campaign once.

< Message edited by Templer -- 10/20/2009 5:47:17 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion for future updates. Campaign game - 10/20/2009 6:02:32 PM   
Mistmatz

This seems to be territory that can be (in fact should be) negotiated between the players. (Auto)Victory conditions are btw checked once a year at least (cant remember if it wasnt even monthly or daily). In the end it doesn't shorten the game, unless somebody adds smaller scenarios based on historical facts or what-if's.

When playing the AI, you can try different tactics, like hyper aggressive allies and such.

Cheers from Munich.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion for future updates. Campaign game - 10/20/2009 8:22:17 PM   
FOW

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

Or opportunity to step into the big campaign beside".
So the game begins, for example, on 6. December 1943.
The player should then start to play he´ll find almost the historical circumstances of the 6 December 1943.

That would require someone having done all the research to put the correct OOB in place for preselected dates

Well there is always the opportunity for anyone to create scenarios using the Editor .
The Devs have been known to mention that they would welcome others volunteering to do the OOB research - you could even contribute to the effort

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Suggestion for future updates. Campaign game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI