Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/19/2009 11:08:53 AM   
undercovergeek

Hi, sorry to bother you with a RTFM question, but im away from home with the laptop without the manual on - again.......

1. what size port or what size port + tenders do i need to rearm a bombardment TF with BBs in it?

2. I hope to be shortly taking Midway with a small port and airfield - what do i need to replenish the KBs losses? do i need to dock or can i be offshore for the repairs and replacements to take place, does it need a hq, does it need 20k supply?

thanks for any help and i will get the manual on the laptop one day
Post #: 1
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/19/2009 12:05:43 PM   
vlcz

1. Seven. (lower if AKE/AE present of course)
2. for air replacements you can be offshore, but you need a seven size airbase in the hex, with 20k supply (and I think more than double needed too).

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 2
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/19/2009 1:57:19 PM   
Blutch

I have got question in the same line :

3. I have an air mission TF with 12% left of bombs ans no more torpedoes. Where can I resupply and receive replacements ?
4. I pay a political cost when I change a TF leader, and what about disbanding a fleet ?
5. My surface task forces with BB take system damage because they can't dock in the saouth pacific ports. Is there a solution to keep them at south, or I have to recall them in the japan's ports ?

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 3
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/19/2009 2:59:07 PM   
crsutton

3. As said, size seven port or smaller with an AE.
4. No PP cost to disband a fleet.
5. They can disband but not necessarily dock at any size 3 port or larger (I think) This will stop sys damage. You should not get sys damage if they are anchored at any base and not moving-well, I don't know about way up north.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Blutch)
Post #: 4
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/19/2009 7:09:20 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

how much smaller with an AE or is it one AE = 1 size smaller - so if i have 6 AEs at a size 1 port is it now a size 7?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/20/2009 2:21:48 PM   
morganbj

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

how much smaller with an AE or is it one AE = 1 size smaller - so if i have 6 AEs at a size 1 port is it now a size 7?

It's more complicated than that. (See the chart that starts on page 284 of the manual.) The larger the armament, the larger the port requirement, unless, of course, you have a tender present.

Post #: 6
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/20/2009 3:29:49 PM   
undercovergeek

so a tender with enough supply can rearm anything regardless of the port size?

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 7
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/20/2009 4:26:59 PM   
Sardaukar

IF tender's cargo capacity is same or more than requirement for the weapon. Small AKE may not be able to rearm BB main guns.  

Ports that are normally too small to rearm certain weapons may do so if an appropriate tender is at anchor in the Port. The weapon Rearm Cost must be “less than or equal to” the tender “cargo capacity”.

For example, 16"/50 main guns will not rearm if AE/AKE does not have at least 5400 capacity. 3200 t capacity AKE/AK will not have capability to rearm Iowa's main weapons. It could rearm 14"/45, though.

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 10/20/2009 4:31:47 PM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 8
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/20/2009 5:33:51 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

IF tender's cargo capacity is same or more than requirement for the weapon. Small AKE may not be able to rearm BB main guns.  

Ports that are normally too small to rearm certain weapons may do so if an appropriate tender is at anchor in the Port. The weapon Rearm Cost must be “less than or equal to” the tender “cargo capacity”.

For example, 16"/50 main guns will not rearm if AE/AKE does not have at least 5400 capacity. 3200 t capacity AKE/AK will not have capability to rearm Iowa's main weapons. It could rearm 14"/45, though.

you dont happen to know where the 25 AEs i ordered from the emporer are do you

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 9
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/20/2009 6:25:35 PM   
Shark7

On rearming Surface TFs:

I've gotten into the habit of sending some AE or AKE type vessels to a forward base along with the AO types so I can do some one stop shopping at a smaller base whenever possible. Big ports are few and far between, and it is much easier to coordinate an invasion when you can jump off from as close as reasonably possible.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 10
RE: rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements - 10/20/2009 7:20:09 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

On rearming Surface TFs:

I've gotten into the habit of sending some AE or AKE type vessels to a forward base along with the AO types so I can do some one stop shopping at a smaller base whenever possible. Big ports are few and far between, and it is much easier to coordinate an invasion when you can jump off from as close as reasonably possible.

wishing i had thought of this 8 turns ago - but good idea!

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> rearm bombardment TF and aircraft reinforcements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI