Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Holy Cow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Holy Cow Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Holy Cow - 10/4/2009 9:29:40 PM   
JWE

Just saw Earth Against the Flying Saucers on the History Chanel. Gosh - never knew the Capitol got whacked; golly, what a tribute to our architects and reconstruction engineers.

And, Wow, never knew we had that electro-magno-whatthehecko-thingo that drops alien saucers. Maybe that's why the Sovs dropped the wall - we had a saucer; woof.

Gosh!! History Channel is so informative!! I had no idea!! I mean, ghosts, Nostradamos, the universal Masonic conspiracy to do something (not sure what, but secret is always bad, yes) secret Japanese nuclear testing and trans-luminal physics, and the proof that people in the 14th century not only bathed regularly, but wore laundered linen, dry cleaned cloaks, and had Brasso-shined armor.

Golly! History Channel is so hot!!

Post #: 1
RE: Holy Cow - 10/4/2009 9:40:42 PM   
Terminus

Why don't you tell us what you really think, John?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 2
RE: Holy Cow - 10/4/2009 10:04:18 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
Why don't you tell us what you really think, John?

Oh, gosh, not what I think, T, I'm as amazed as you about the truth. Woof!! But the History Channel says it's so, so ...

I didn't mind all that much about the secret societies controlling our destiny (the Masons, or the Templars, or ancient astronauts, or somebody), but Holy Neutrinos, Batman, I never knew the Japanese developed, not only the 'bomb', but also fusion energetics and supra-luminal transport physics.

I am impressed!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Holy Cow - 10/4/2009 10:17:06 PM   
Terminus

I'm most fascinated by their atomic-powered bomber.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 4
RE: Holy Cow - 10/4/2009 10:51:20 PM   
Mike Scholl

It's not all that suprising John.  The "History Channel" was created by the Cable TV Industry..., the same group who seem convinced that their subscriber's wallets are bottemless pits of money.   Obviously when they began the "History Channel" they made the same mistake, assuming 1000 hours of old historical documentaries was a bottomless pit of programming. 

Then you must factor in the sad truth that for all of these folks (and a fair percentage of the viewing public), "history" is whatever they saw at the movies when they were growing up.  This is also reflected in the hiring practices of most American School Systems..., where the first question to any applicant for a position teaching History is "What can you coach?"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:16:38 AM   
jomni

At least, History Channel is still better than Discovery Channel at it's current state.

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 6
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:26:41 AM   
Terminus

Well, that's because Discovery doesn't have any history shows any more. Not really saying much.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 7
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:39:35 AM   
Hanzberger

The History channel is really sad.  They don't want the truth to get out.  I'll keep my politics out of it but I think JWE understands whats really going on. 

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 8
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:50:23 AM   
Terminus

If I still watched TV, I might be upset that Discovery is now almost exclusively devoted to soap operas and "reality" shows, but hey-ho...

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 9
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 1:43:41 AM   
oldman45

You need to know who owns history channel, then the recent programing we have been getting will make sense.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 10
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 1:57:13 AM   
Jeffrey H.

And how about those prison gangs and motorcycle clubs ? Wow, informative history going on there for sure.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 11
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 2:41:38 AM   
06 Maestro

The History channel was never all that accurate. Now days, it looks more like a tabloid. I only notice the shows while passing the channel-seldom do I settle down with my former favorite channel any more.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 12
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 3:00:37 AM   
dorjun driver

What is this "Tee Vee" of which you speak?

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 13
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 4:42:36 AM   
madgamer2

Just because it is on the "HISTORY" channel does not make
it fact. I suspect that there is more to these type of reports than we have been told to be.
Remember that if a civilization had the technology to go from the nearest star to us there level of technology would be much higher and advanced than our oun.
On the other hand you should take a lot of the stuff on that channel with a grain of sand. It does make for great viewing however irregardless of what you personally believe.

In the whole of the universe we can't be the only intelligent life form. Carl Sagan once said that if two different civilizations would meet in space that ONE would be far more advanced than the other. Food for thought.

Madgamer

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 14
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 9:01:13 AM   
comte

I think since they changed their name to just "History" and dropped Channel they became a tabloid documentary and reality TV Channel. I mean cmon now they have a reality show about a Pawn Shop just sad. Hopefully Soviet super ape men like the ones on Monster Quest won't attack me for posting this....

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 15
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 9:30:20 AM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer
In the whole of the universe we can't be the only intelligent life form.

You really think we're an intelligent life form?

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 16
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 10:12:27 AM   
Phatguy

I'd chime in but my tin foil hat keeps falling off

(in reply to E)
Post #: 17
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:27:05 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

In the whole of the universe we can't be the only intelligent life form. Carl Sagan once said that if two different civilizations would meet in space that ONE would be far more advanced than the other. Food for thought.

Madgamer

Problem with all these "alien theories" is not that there can't be other intelligent lifeforms in the Universe, or even this Galaxy. The problem is that the Universe is a really, REALLY, REALLY BIG place..., and the chance of two of these lifeforms being close enough to actually come into contact is incredibly small

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 18
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:43:50 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

You need to know who owns history channel, then the recent programing we have been getting will make sense.

Well, duh...

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 19
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 12:48:57 PM   
killroyishere

Yeah I find it funny that the cable company only really has two teirs, one for the poor and if you go higher than basic you have to pay out the wahzoo into the $100's of dollars. I work for Time Warner Cable lol so I know. They charge for every little thing from the dvr box to the remote control they even charge to keep your equipment insured that you rent anyway lol. Yeah a $9.99 box fee and then $7.99 a month service fee on the box each box btw and you have to rent each box for each room of the house. What a racket.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 1:02:29 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

Madgamer

Problem with all these "alien theories" is not that there can't be other intelligent lifeforms in the Universe, or even this Galaxy. The problem is that the Universe is a really, REALLY, REALLY BIG place..., and the chance of two of these lifeforms being close enough to actually come into contact is incredibly small

So you're saying that the aliens can't nullify the laws of physics to travel across the galaxy in record time? You're one of them, aren't you? You're part of the conspiracy!

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 21
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 1:33:35 PM   
killroyishere

The reason I believe in Aliens is because of this computer technology world we are living in now. Compared to the centuries just to discover light and engine propulsion and even indoor toilets I just cannot believe that humankind is so intelligent and advanced in just the last 60 years. So, something happened and was discovered in Area 51 and Roswell imho. Technology really started booming around that time and has increased at the "speed of light" so to speak ever since. I mean I really need someone to explain to me how the human mind can create something that can calculate billions of processes in a microsecond and put in on a tiny dot to put it in a machine? Splitting of an atom? I even hear now there's some machine down in the ground (a collider I think it's called) capable of blowing the world apart if it messes up when they turn it on. I just don't think this is man made from mans mind technology or discoveries. I think somewhere in there has been some foreign help and I don't mean Russia or Japan.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 4:35:28 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

Yeah I find it funny that the cable company only really has two teirs, one for the poor and if you go higher than basic you have to pay out the wahzoo into the $100's of dollars. I work for Time Warner Cable lol so I know. They charge for every little thing from the dvr box to the remote control they even charge to keep your equipment insured that you rent anyway lol. Yeah a $9.99 box fee and then $7.99 a month service fee on the box each box btw and you have to rent each box for each room of the house. What a racket.

Wow! Time Warner Cable is the only option I have for high speed internet. I won't comment further as I don't want to take this thread off topic. Carry on.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 23
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 4:39:29 PM   
Terminus

quote:

The reason I believe in Aliens is because of this computer technology world we are living in now. Compared to the centuries just to discover light and engine propulsion and even indoor toilets I just cannot believe that humankind is so intelligent and advanced in just the last 60 years. So, something happened and was discovered in Area 51 and Roswell imho. Technology really started booming around that time and has increased at the "speed of light" so to speak ever since. I mean I really need someone to explain to me how the human mind can create something that can calculate billions of processes in a microsecond and put in on a tiny dot to put it in a machine? Splitting of an atom? I even hear now there's some machine down in the ground (a collider I think it's called) capable of blowing the world apart if it messes up when they turn it on. I just don't think this is man made from mans mind technology or discoveries. I think somewhere in there has been some foreign help and I don't mean Russia or Japan.

It was Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, working in cahoots with the Illuminati and Colonel Sanders.

Post #: 24
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 5:40:09 PM   
Phatguy

quote:

quote:

It was Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, working in cahoots with the Illuminati and Colonel Sanders.

Dont forget Col. Mustard

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 5:41:27 PM   
Terminus

In the library, with the silver candlestick.

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 26
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 7:55:15 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

What I'd really like to see is an option for a fixed number of chanels, of my choosing. I sure wish they'd let up on the home phone thing, good god you'd think they see mountains of gold in there the way they try and push you into home phone service. I don't even have a wired phone any longer and I haven't for about 5 years now. Not going back either.

Why do I get stuck with so many BS channels for one single one that I want is just not making sense to me.

Ron Swanson

Post #: 27
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 7:56:22 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

Madgamer

So you're saying that the aliens can't nullify the laws of physics to travel across the galaxy in record time? You're one of them, aren't you? You're part of the conspiracy!

...and Bush is the devil !

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 28
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 7:57:10 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

quote:

...and Darth Cheney !

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 29
RE: Holy Cow - 10/5/2009 8:54:00 PM   
Frandoxxx

Sadly the History Channel is now all about Ice Road Trucker (which thet seem to run over and over again) and axe men, not about history. Too bad.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Holy Cow Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI