Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there an uber-campaign?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Is there an uber-campaign? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/1/2009 9:52:32 PM   
sw30

I don't have the game yet:

Is there an ultra long campaign that covers most of the war? Perhaps something that takes BoB to the end, and then projects forward for BTR when the planning/reacting side changes?
Post #: 1
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/1/2009 10:15:37 PM   
kirbykern

BoB has two "full length" campaigns that cover the years 1940 and 1941, respectively. The should both keep you busy for a bit.

There is no real "link" between the games as they are, well, two separate games. BtR picks up in 1943 where you have two "full" length campaigns for 1943 and 44. There are also a variety of shorter campaigns available.

(in reply to sw30)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/2/2009 6:47:54 AM   
Dobey455

The 1943 campaign covers Aug 17th till war's end and is 700 turns long. 1944 starts at Jan 1944 (from memory) and goes till war's end (500 turns).

If you start playing you'll find that these are quite long campaigns.....you can't just blast through the 1943 campaign in a weekend!
From my experience a turn (as the attacker) is often approximately an hour long including planning and execution, so you should expect 500 - 700 hours or more to get through an entire BTR campaign.
BOB will be shorter, but I haven't played those campaigns yet.

(in reply to kirbykern)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/2/2009 5:37:36 PM   
Hard Sarge

not sure if we should even bring this up, but from the old BTR forums, I think there were only 3 of us, who finished 5 Allied games

now that said, back then, I was helping "he who shall not be named" with some beta work, so alot of my games that made it into March of 44 would be stopped while a new game was started, so I am sure I had more then enough turns completed to add up to a couple more games

for what it is worth, back then, it was me and Swift who had two Allied 43 campaigns wons, and Graybeard who had a 44 campaign

I believe there were lots and lots of Axis wins during that time

I really had a nice first turn worked out, I had done it close to 100 times

(in reply to Dobey455)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/2/2009 8:09:51 PM   
Richard III

The games don`t overlap that way.

If you love micro-magement as I do the `43 BTR Campaign takes about 30 min + to issue orders and then fine tune them so they either overload or confuse the defense ( and the AI defends very well ) Playing out the turn can take up to 40+ min, more if Bomber Command is flying several major missions.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sw30

Is there an ultra long campaign that covers most of the war? Perhaps something that takes BoB to the end, and then projects forward for BTR when the planning/reacting side changes?

(in reply to sw30)
Post #: 5
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/4/2009 11:10:26 AM   
TechSgt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard III

The games don`t overlap that way.

If you love micro-magement as I do the `43 BTR Campaign takes about 30 min + to issue orders and then fine tune them so they either overload or confuse the defense ( and the AI defends very well ) Playing out the turn can take up to 40+ min, more if Bomber Command is flying several major missions.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sw30

I can become a micro-manager, too. When the '43 campaign progresses into "Big Week" time, it sometimes takes RL days to plot.

TS

(in reply to Richard III)
Post #: 6
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/4/2009 4:28:48 PM   
fbs

Hmm... it would be soooo cool to have a 1942-1945 campaign...

The problem with the 1943 campaign is that you already start with a ton of units, so it is quite daunting. It also starts with lots of damage to Germany -- it should be cool to be able to do that damage ourselves. A 1942 long campaign would help with that, as it would start with less units in a more manageable way and would give the player the satisfaction of doing the initial damage to Berlin and Hamburg.

Cheers
fbs

(in reply to TechSgt)
Post #: 7
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/4/2009 6:56:57 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs

The problem with the 1943 campaign is that you already start with a ton of units, so it is quite daunting. It also starts with lots of damage to Germany -- it should be cool to be able to do that damage ourselves. A 1942 long campaign would help with that, as it would start with less units in a more manageable way and would give the player the satisfaction of doing the initial damage to Berlin and Hamburg.

Cheers
fbs

1942 to 1945 campaign? Are you kidding? I would never live to finish it!! I'll be 67 next Tuesday...

Tony

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 8
RE: Is there an uber-campaign? - 10/4/2009 7:54:51 PM   
fbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs

Cheers
fbs

1942 to 1945 campaign? Are you kidding? I would never live to finish it!! I'll be 67 next Tuesday...

Hahaha... alright, 1942 to 1944...

Cheers
fbs

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Is there an uber-campaign? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI