To expand on and support some of Dixie's comments
In no particular order
1) Combat reports, or flash the messages on the turn replay if my raids are delayed/cancelled/whatever.
2) A toggle to allow/prevent my fighters strafing enemy airfields and railyards. Going further, an option to allow a single pass against a target and go home. I would be happy if the fighters only attacked the base if bombs were selected as the loadout.
3) The ability to turn auto upgrades on/off. Ditto
4) An indication when a unit is due to upgrade.
5) Info on when new types will arrive on the aircraft pool before they arrive. Ditto
6) Info on an aircraft's optimum altitude. I know that a Spit LFV works best below 15k, but not everyone knows that, and I've got only a sketchy idea of Axis aircraft (especially Italian types). Something like the info in WitP. Ditto, a good look at various games will always help.
7) Different route and bombing altitudes/waypoints.
8) Make it harder to bounce fighters at 48k+ altitude. 48kft, my P39Q only dreams of such things!
9) Allow BC to fly daylight raids, with escorts from either FC or 2TAF. Particularly during the Overlord phase.
10) Add the ability to move squadrons between seperate commands. (Allies in BTR) Within reason, no moving Lancasters to Fighter Command for example, maybe restrict it to certain types etc. Great Idea, allows you to optimize your force to your ideas, not the computers. Maybe "Command points per Sqn to stop massing of all day bombers and escorts into 8AF.
11) Stop auto-plotted recce missions from going in at 500 feet. Ditto
12) Something to make tactical fighters more useful, LF Spits etc.
13) FB/Jabos feel a little to vulnerable. They're far better than they used to be, but it's still a slaughter more often than not when they're attacked. I also find they get mauled by AAA.
14) It's maybe too easy to find and attack low level raids. More FOW, its too easy to know what the other side is up to, their deployments etc.
Some of those are probably harder than I think, because programming is always easy unless you're doing it Maybe some stuff for BoB/BTR2
< Message edited by JeffK -- 6/27/2011 9:55:57 AM >
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum