Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/18/2009 8:34:30 PM   
Miller

According to the manual there are three different pools to get pilots from, trained (c.50 exp), trainee (very low exp) and reserve (high exp disbanded from airgroups for various reasons).

When I click "Get Pilot" is there any way of determining which pool it will be drawn from? The last thing I want is 20 exp pilots going into KB airgroups!
Post #: 1
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/18/2009 8:42:40 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

I believe you get "assigned to airgroup"/reserve/trianed then trainee .. but i'm not 100%

also trained at 50 exp is a bit optomistic .. early war trained seem to be 40 at best

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/18/2009 8:44:43 PM   
Sardaukar

I think order is:

1. Named pilots with arrival determined as that unit and available
2. Pilots from reserve, depending on type of plane (fighter reserve, bomber reserve etc.)
3. Available reserve pilots from other reserve types (they take exp hit when transferring for example from bomber to fighter)
4. Last quarter trainees

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 3
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/18/2009 10:16:39 PM   
Miller

It seems totally random to me up to now.......got a couple of 40 exp pilots assigned to the KB......I'm scared to get any more. I think there should be an option to choose from whichever pool....something for a future patch perhaps?

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/18/2009 10:49:43 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

It seems totally random to me up to now.......got a couple of 40 exp pilots assigned to the KB......I'm scared to get any more. I think there should be an option to choose from whichever pool....something for a future patch perhaps?

If you got a 40 it was certainly from the trained pool. My trained pool averages 34 for IJN pilots and I seem to rarely get above that average. The 4th quarter guys are 30 and it really goes down fast for the ones below that.

The bottom line is a pilot graduate of the training school needs to go to an OTU for at least four months to get trained up to minimum combat standards. I use the MTM (Mogomi Training Method) for the carrier pilots and the Russian model for everybody else (burn them out to a few survivors, transfer anyone you can to Training Command, then fill up with trained pilots and declare the unit an OTU for the next several months)

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 5
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/18/2009 11:14:30 PM   
loricas

i' made a simple test (china have few pilot at start)..so:
1)from rerserve if any (at start none, and is modified at start of next turn)

2)from pilot in pool if you have any (experience slighty random but around experience number ie china exp 25 from 19 to 31 in overall and primary skill: air fro fighter groundB for bomber)

3)from nowhere if you have none in pool (so it seem that those in training are not touched i don't know if is intended or bug) but expirience around half ie from 8 to 18 for china

exception (again don't know if intended) in the FIRST and only FIRST turn if you finish pilot in pool the pilot caming for nowhere at exp around that of pilot yet in play: so for china 35-40

so if you want additional top pilot for KB...

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 6
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/19/2009 1:15:56 AM   
Djordje

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

According to the manual there are three different pools to get pilots from, trained (c.50 exp), trainee (very low exp) and reserve (high exp disbanded from airgroups for various reasons).

When I click "Get Pilot" is there any way of determining which pool it will be drawn from? The last thing I want is 20 exp pilots going into KB airgroups!

Like Sardaukar said, here is the priority list (with one addition):

1. Existing pilots in Reserve pilot pool that are assigned to the squadron you want to be replaced, available at the time of your call (not WIA and their date of arrival passed)
2. General reserve pilots from Reserve pilot pool, for fighter squadrons all those having Fighter reserve in squadron field.
3. Pilots from Replacement pilot pool with average experience of 35 (in my experience it was +/-6 points, so they can be 29-41 exp)
4. Pilots from different reserve in Reserve pilot pool, taking experience penalty (bomber reserves pulled into fighter squadrons for example)
5. Cadets with unfinished training with experience below 30. If both your pools are empty these will be drawn, and the more you draw them the less experience they'll have. But for quite a long time you won't see these, and by the time you see them you will know everything about the game

Note that there are two pools in the game, Reserve pool and Replacement pool. People usually confuse them,

Reserve pool has named pilots that are already generated in the game, with existing experience and skills. This includes both historical pilots and the ones generated after the game start.

Replacement pool is just a random number generator, generating new pilots around experience specified for the nation and service (so for IJN it is 35)

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 7
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/19/2009 3:50:54 AM   
Mynok

Reserve pool should also have pilots from disbanded groups, no?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 8
RE: Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level - 9/19/2009 11:45:33 AM   
Djordje

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Reserve pool should also have pilots from disbanded groups, no?

Yes, they become general reserve for the type when you disband them. So you get Fighter reserve, thus they become second on priority pull list (first priority are pilots from Reserve pool assigned to the same squadron you want to replace).

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Drawing pilots from the pool - skill level Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI