Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"War Plan Vanilla Epic Ultra" PBEM "Fix It"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> "War Plan Vanilla Epic Ultra" PBEM "Fix It" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"War Plan Vanilla Epic Ultra" PBEM "Fix ... - 9/13/2009 8:08:31 PM   
Marshal Villars

WAR PLAN "VANILLA EPIC ULTRA":
A plan best used by France after a surrender to Britain, with consequent enforced peace in place and hinging on the creation of three corps with artillery and cavalry support who are forage free and then landing them on the shores of Britain one month before the enforced peace ends, then marching on London and conquering Britain--while the British fleet stands by and does nothing to stop it. Ideally, the British army will be tied down elsewhere in Europe when launched. Additional cautions recommended for this invasion are the defense of France's key fortifications with infantry and an "army in being" within the borders of France.

Folks, to keep the above scenario happening in your CoG:EE PBEM games until WCS can get a fix in place, it is my opinion you need the house rule that NO ONE is to cross into the territory (home, conquered, protectorate or otherwise) of anyone they are in an ENFORCED peace with UNLESS the person violating the neutrality has some kind of a ratified treaty in place allowing this kind of behavior.

Additionally, because of the ability to land French troops to be sitting on ships ready to go in sea zones adjacent to Britain and get the orders to step off on the last turn of the enforced peace could also end up with them on British soil on the FIRST turn of the post-enforced peace period, I would add the rule that no player may enter invasion orders of Britain during the enforced peace OR during the first turn following an enforced peace. Thus giving a chance to defend against such an invasion attempt. On the second turn after an enforced peace, such orders may be entered. This principle should also apply to ANY nation's desire to land troops, so that the defending nation has a chance to defend against the invasion.

Note that this option is available in vanilla currently, by simply selecting "violate neutrality" of the nation's lands you wish to invade during an enforced peace.

< Message edited by Marshal Villars -- 9/14/2009 1:19:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: WAR PLAN VANILLA EPIC ULTRA PBEM WARNING - 9/13/2009 8:19:37 PM   
Mus

Yeah,

The defeated party in particular being able to violate neutrality has been an issue noted many times.

There should really be a 3 month grace period during which you can violate neutrality either way (to remove troops manually rather than "strategically") but after that it should be strictly off limits.

In "Another PBEM" I always try to have all British armies and fleets home and ready to fight when my enforced peace turns with France are running short.

< Message edited by Mus -- 9/13/2009 9:07:34 PM >

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> "War Plan Vanilla Epic Ultra" PBEM "Fix It" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI