From: Via Carrubbio 115/D, Monselice (PD), C.A.P. 35043
The weapons are "briefly" described in other previous posts on this forum, most of them on this [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15968]thread[/URL].
If the link doesn't work this is the web-site: [COLOR=teal]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15968[/COLOR]
When I started this poll I tried to summarize the ideas expressed in those posts, but maybe it's true that a short description would be useful. Anyway I suggest you to read all the original posts.
So, here you are the descriptions:
1) [COLOR=orangered]enhanced old missiles (SRM12 or NM21) or new Short Range Guided Missiles (SRGM3 -5 -7)[/COLOR]: these missiles are developed from the versions you can use in ToS v1.4. They are not so different, so their use is quite intuitive.
2) [COLOR=orangered]mine-layer (you have to lock an hex and walk over it to putdown the mine)[/COLOR]: the mine is visible only to the titan that used the mine-layer to place it on the ground. When another titan walks in the hex where the mine is placed, the mine explodes.
3) [COLOR=orangered]mine launcher or grenade launcher (maybe with nuclear mines or grenades)[/COLOR]: when you shoot with this kind of weapon, it scatters a certain number of mines or grenades (one or more) in a certain area. When an enemy titan walks in the hex where the mine is placed, the mine explodes.
4) [COLOR=orangered]petra gun[/COLOR]: it's a double muzzle cannnon with haevy bore that does 2 shots of 15 points damage (counted as one shot with 30 points damage). The heavy recoil of this weapon forces the jock to make a piloting skill roll after firing it.
5) [COLOR=orangered]sniper weapons[/COLOR]: guns, or energy-weapons with an increased probability to hit the target (so quite easy to make called-shots with).
6) [COLOR=orangered]sandblaster[/COLOR]: short range cannon which makes 1 damage point on every part of the locked titan when it hits its target.
7) [COLOR=orangered]new close combat weapons[/COLOR]: this definition includes a large variety of ideas which have the same purpose (to improve the dog-fight weaponry).
I inserted between brackets the two ones which seemed to me most representative.
- power grip: The grip grasp a body-part and makes 3pts of squeeze damage per second. To change the affected body part you'd have to grab again.
- ion torch: similar to your idea (I'm talking to Korgmeister), it's a close-combat weapon that has got 30% chance of damaging gyros/acts in location hit. As firestorm said: effectively this thing could freeze a titan in place completely. (5 points of damage)
To say the truth it was said on this forum that the new version will have a new close combat weapon (called [COLOR=royalblue]vibro-blade or something similar[/COLOR])... but characteristics of this weapon are unknown for the moment.
8) [COLOR=orangered]smart missiles[/COLOR]: they are seaking for the radiation or the heat of the engine, and they will only hit the location the engine is build in.
9) [COLOR=orangered]EMP pulser[/COLOR]: it's a weapon that emits a radiation that affects electrical devices inside a titan. [COLOR=royalblue]It's one of the new weapons in Warring Suns (the new version of ToS).[/COLOR]
10) [COLOR=orangered]NWM vector[/COLOR]: I discussed about this weapon in a long thread for about a month (Title: Sorry for the delay). Reading your reply to my last post on the forum I noticed you didn't read this post, so I invite you to read that one: here's the [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20688]link[/URL].
If you don't want to read all that thread you have just to read my reply to your post on the thread that starts with the post titled "Ecco".
Anyway I may describe it as a weapon based on nanomachines (a big "cruise-class" missile, which spreads nanos on its target).
The nanos paralize the target after a while, and, in some cases, they permit to the attacker to gain the control of the target.
But this is a short summary, which don't explain well the way this weapon works and the effects on the target. So it's better if you take a look to my previous posts.