Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missed Upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Missed Upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 4:30:51 AM   
morganbj

OK. So I missed an upgrade. The ships were in drydock reparing damage from the Japanes onslaught at PH on Dec 7th. So, what heppens now? Can I still do the next upgrade (with more cost to account for the missed one), or am I screwed? I also have a carrier that was busy killing Japanese AKs to do the upgrade, and now it's too late. The only upgrade that shows is the one that's missed, so how do I know what the next one is?

Anybody know?

Post #: 1
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 4:41:18 AM   
IronWarrior

Hey hey something I think I know the answer to... or at least somewhat. You will be able to get the next upgrade...

There's an arrow on the bottom of the upgrade screen that says "Next Upgrade". When you click on that it will tell you the updated cost of the new upgrade. I think a portion of the cost of the previous upgrade is tacked on to the next one if you miss it.

I know this because I've missed a few myself. Now if I can figure out how to get my ships to start upgrading. I'm guessing they start automatically when there's room at the shipyard, wondering if a damaged ship will upgrade though.

< Message edited by IronWarrior -- 9/3/2009 4:44:37 AM >

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 2
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 4:44:04 AM   
jomni

I was able to upgrade even in the month after the upgrade month.

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 3
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 4:56:03 AM   
IronWarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

I was able to upgrade even in the month after the upgrade month.

Yes, I think you actually "miss" an upgrade when a new upgrade is available before you have had a chance to perform a previous one. I.e. it is 12/42 and a ship had upgrades available in 9/42 and 11/42. If you never used the 9/42 upgrade it shows as being "missed". You can then use the 11/42 upgrade and part of the cost of the 9/42 upgrade will be tacked on.

I'm really new though, so this could all be wrong.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 4
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 5:38:23 AM   
pmelheck1

If you missed the upgrade and the ships are sitting in a port with a big enough shipyard (ph is big enough) then just turn on upgrades for the ship and they will upgrade.  You can always upgrade them after their upgrade date.  If theirs a date after their ship class name the upgrade has already been done.  If the ship is under repair it will still do the upgrade.  I had a couple of BB's with High damage across the board and they upgraded.

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 5
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 7:42:59 PM   
FOW

You cannot miss an upgrade.

The date is the EARLIEST an upgrade can happen - you do it when you are ready - or find that you have forgotten it. Upgrades have to be completed in order. So for example if you miss a 6/42 upgrade and the time for the 10/42 comes round, the 6/42 has to be completed before the second is implemented (well thats how WITP worked)

I'm sure a Dev will correct me if AE has implemented it differently.......

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 6
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 8:13:58 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW

You cannot miss an upgrade.

The date is the EARLIEST an upgrade can happen - you do it when you are ready - or find that you have forgotten it. Upgrades have to be completed in order. So for example if you miss a 6/42 upgrade and the time for the 10/42 comes round, the 6/42 has to be completed before the second is implemented (well thats how WITP worked)

I'm sure a Dev will correct me if AE has implemented it differently.......

Yup, we did. You can miss an upgrade but the cost of that upgrade is figured into the next one.

Class A upgrades to A1, then to A2.
A1 costs 10 system damage and requires a level 10 shipyard
A2 costs 5 system damage and does not require a shipyard

If you skip A1 and upgrade directly from A to A2, you'll require a level 10 shipyard and the ship will have 15 damage points.

Damaged ships can be upgraded. The upgrade damage adds to the existing (battle) damage, with a cap around 90. So if you have the pitiful remains of a BB in a shipyard and want to combine repair and upgrades - go for it. Going to take a while, though.

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 7
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/3/2009 8:27:22 PM   
FOW

I thought I'd read something during the development process - thanks for clarifying that Don

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 8
RE: Missed Upgrade - 9/4/2009 3:03:26 PM   
morganbj

Thanks.  That's the answer I wanted to hear.  It's the only one that makes sense.

Now, got to get that CV to the West Coast .....

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 9
RE: Missed Upgrade - 2/23/2010 10:57:33 AM   
viberpol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Yup, we did. You can miss an upgrade but the cost of that upgrade is figured into the next one.

Class A upgrades to A1, then to A2.
A1 costs 10 system damage and requires a level 10 shipyard
A2 costs 5 system damage and does not require a shipyard

If you skip A1 and upgrade directly from A to A2, you'll require a level 10 shipyard and the ship will have 15 damage points.

Is the minimum delay also accumulating?
If the first upgrade meant minimum 30 days out of action, and the second one 15. Does overall delay equals 45?

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Missed Upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI