Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"I'm Gonna Be A Big Stohr ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> "I'm Gonna Be A Big Stohr ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"I'm Gonna Be A Big Stohr ... - 6/11/2002 3:32:14 AM   
Bing

...they're gonna put me in the MUH-vees!!" (Beatles)

Chips and Bits per usual came thru like champs on my latest order. They always include their latest print catalog. Opened it, page three and there is Matrix at the top, UV co-featured with BCT Commander. Under that in a sub-feature box, is MCLV. Watchtower is included in the other PC Wargames as is Desert Fox 1941. ("Watchtower" so far as I know is not two words, but just because Webster's says it is one word, we won't let that bother us, right?)

" ... all I gotta do is act natch-ur-lee!!"

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post #: 1
- 6/11/2002 4:28:12 AM   
Supervisor

Well waja get, huh, unfortunatley Desert Fox is out of stock on their site for months now.

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 2
- 6/11/2002 7:05:13 AM   
Bing

Yes it is, I'm a little surprised C&B would continue to show Desert Fox if it's been out of stock for some time - but their catalogs aren't the best of what they do anyway. If you went to order DF, you would quickly see it is not available and I don't think they would try to fast track you if you asked them about when they were gong to restock.

I ordered BCT Commander - on June 3 they were out of stock on the item. It showed up in this morning's mail, they had shipped June 6. Granted, they didn't notify me, but that's the way they are. They have the item, they ship it and no crapping around - they say "momentarily", they mean it - and ship same day they receive their restock.

Some vendors talk a lot and don't deliver much - C&B is similar to the girl in the John Wayne movie: "She don't talk much ... but she got a CRAZY body." C&B is the only vendor I would implicitly trust with an advance order - not a pre-order, because "pre-order" means I would be ordering it before I ordered it.

I don't know how to do that - I do know how to make a drop ship, or advance order. That I can do. So can C&B - better than anyone really in ANY Internet vending retail specialty I have come across.

Nope, I don't get a penny from C&B - its a case of credit where credit is due.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 3
- 6/11/2002 10:25:14 AM   
Redleg

I have purchased many things for a long while from C and B. A good outfit that has never failed me yet.

Sales personnel are much more knowledgable than most I have encountered.

Now watch them mess someone up after I went out on a limb.

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 4
- 6/12/2002 7:35:35 AM   
Bing

C&B doesn't always want to tell me what they are doing online - call them they will update you instantly. But they will have shipped as much as 24 hours before their database is updated.

I messed up my address once - they called me by telephone, all the way from Vermont, to get it straightened out. Not many vendors do things like that.

In these days of "don't reply to this e-mail message, we are going to take as long as we want to answer your question and don't want to be interrupted " - C&B is refreshing. They got it, they ship it. Same day, if you order before ~3 PM EST. I don't get "look Ma! no hands!" e-mails from them - the merchandise shows up in my mailbox days before I expect it to be there. People who really do what they claim they will do don't need to brag constantly about it.

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> "I'm Gonna Be A Big Stohr ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI