Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1083c Public Beta - 64 bit Vista Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> v1083c Public Beta - 64 bit Vista Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1083c Public Beta - 64 bit Vista Issues - 8/27/2009 4:50:59 AM   
Chad Harrison

Okay, I am running 64 bit Vista (Core i7, 8 GPU's @ 2.67 GHz) and run WitP:AE in windowed mode. After the hotfix, I used the -dual command and the game ran great! Not only did it load in about 1 second (litterally), but there were no problems ingame whatsoever.

Now, I am having two problems with the beta patch:

1. After applying the beta patch, I can not get the performance back to where it was before. If I try to use one of the -cpuX commands, all it does is move the program to that core. It takes about 10 times as long to load, and while the loading screen is up, the screen temporarily goes to all black for about 5 seconds, then comes back to loading screen before it completes the load. I noticed that the old -dual command no longer works, and both the -SingleCpuStart and -SingleCpuOrders make very little difference on the load. They both also caused the screen to go to black.

2. Once ingame, whenever I click on a button, the black popup screen with the text will blink very rapidly a couple of times (3 to 5) everytime I click on something ingame. See the image below. So when I move over a unit, click on a unit, click on a button, or do anything that causes the 'black box w/ text' to appear, it will blink very rapidly 3 to 5 times.

If you need more specific information, I am more than happy to provide it. But to sum things up: things were working great, clean and fast before the patch and now they are not. Dont know if its Vista being dumb again, or the 64 bit thing.

As a side note, I have never been able to get WitPStaff to work either (unrelated to this patch). Even after trying the steps Woos has. Anyone else having this problem on Vista?

Thanks in advance

Chad

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: v1083c Public Beta - 64 bit Vista Issues - 8/27/2009 1:35:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

Everything that -dual did is still there, just in the other switches. The original -dual was basically a combination of -cpuX, -multiaudio and -dd_sw. I would recommend trying the new switches in as many combinations as you can, you should be able to get back to exactly as things were in the hotfix for you.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 2
RE: v1083c Public Beta - 64 bit Vista Issues - 8/27/2009 2:18:27 PM   
Chad Harrison

Thanks for the reply Erik. I took your recommendation and my command line is as follows:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -multiaudio -dd_sw -cpu2

Even though I have a Core i7 (which effectively has 8 cores), the 'dual' command from before made everything instant ingame. Its doing it now again - so back to normal! I have not tried the -multiaudio command, but adding that into the mix fixed my problems. No blinking screen and runs smooth as butter.

Thanks again for the help!

Chad

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> v1083c Public Beta - 64 bit Vista Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI