Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OMG

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> OMG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMG - 8/22/2009 7:44:32 AM   
Scott_USN

If you can win the originality of WIR you will have a winner. I just said a couple of weeks ago there is only one game I love as much as PacWar, WITP et al... War in Russia

I thought all war games went down hill into fantasy land with Panzer General, yes it was fun and I played several multiplayer games but nothing since WIR ever won my heart.

I hope you can take us back to the basics of deciding "Do I send that broken division back to battle?" "Do I move my limited Air Forces to Southern Front?"

Those basic game machanics I think create and make sucessful games that last forever like WIR and PACWAR. The grandmasters of games, don't dumb it down if you can help it like SSI Commander Series and Panzer General. Make it as if you have to sacrifice and think.

Make it like WIR I am not progammer but I am a long time gamer and I miss so much those games and PACWAR, UV, WITP, WITP:AE I have bought everyone single one because they kept to the heart of the games.

I am not even pretending this is a remake of WIR but I wish someone would take advantage of that magic created 17 years ago.

I look forward to this game and hope it breaks the mold of modern boring strategic wargames like the PACWAR games have. No little Jonny may not buy it cause he can't grief little Erik down the street but I will.

Look forward to it.
Post #: 1
RE: OMG - 8/22/2009 12:55:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

Scott,

This game is actually a lot like Panzer General. I think you mean to post in the War in the East forum? Moving this there.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 2
RE: OMG - 9/7/2009 9:13:52 PM   
Brady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Scott,

This game is actually a lot like Panzer General. I think you mean to post in the War in the East forum? Moving this there.

Regards,

- Erik

The AH game?

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: OMG - 9/16/2009 5:42:13 AM   
Zaratoughda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Scott,

Regards,

- Erik

R U sure you want to say the game is like Panzer General??

U know, Panzer General, the game where aircraft took off and then, after about two weeks time, needed to land and refuel.

U know, Panzer General, where you could attack with a unit and then move, or move a unit and then attack, but had to move/attack with each unit individually and could not have any attacks with multiple units involved (e.g. kinda like chess).

From a historical realism standpoint, about the worst you could say for any game is it is like Panzer General.

I would be really surprised (more like shocked), and really disappointed, if any Gary Grigbsy game was anything like Panzer General.

Possibly what you said was a typo.

Zaratoughda

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: OMG - 9/16/2009 7:50:48 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

WitE is modern day advancemet of WiR and it is land version of the UV / WitP / WitP-AE...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Zaratoughda)
Post #: 5
RE: OMG - 9/16/2009 10:45:23 AM   
paullus99

I think Erik moved this to the wrong forum & meant it to go to the Barbarrossa forum above.

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 6
RE: OMG - 9/16/2009 7:01:14 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: paullus99

I think Erik moved this to the wrong forum & meant it to go to the Barbarrossa forum above.

I agree ... he must have meant the Barbarossa Game which to me looks like a beer and pretzel game, with no beer or pretzels.

So why is Matrix doing both? $$$$$???? But who buy's such games??

< Message edited by Capt Cliff -- 9/16/2009 7:02:26 PM >

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 7
RE: OMG - 10/26/2009 6:38:46 AM   
Zemke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

WitE is modern day advancemet of WiR and it is land version of the UV / WitP / WitP-AE...

Leo "Apollo11"

If that was the case then WitE would have a 1-3 day turn cycle, 5k hex scale and take years to play.....loving every minute along the way.

Although I am sure I will love this game, I am just thinking out loud, what I would want in a Super Eastern Front game, and it would allow me to experiment with all kinds of "what ifs" along the way. This would be something you could play for years and years. From the looks of WitE, I will be playing it for years, so it is all good.

< Message edited by Zemke_4 -- 10/26/2009 5:20:31 PM >

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
"Give me liberty, or give me death"
"Pass the salt, please"

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> OMG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI