Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MANUAL Question - AIR Team - Training Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: MANUAL Question - AIR Team - Training Command Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MANUAL Question - AIR Team - Training Command - 7/26/2009 10:40:35 AM   
sven6345789

lets see if i catch on
There a four different groups of training
a) the training classes (on the right of the pilot pool screen, showing how many are in the 1-3 month class and so on. fresh recruits)
b) the reserve pilot pool (The place pilots go to after finishing training. Here their experience reaches national average overtime. Speed of this can be beafed up with instructors (which stay here how long? 3 months? a year))
c) on map training groups: coming in later in the game. useful only for training or kamikaze. Consist of what planes? Difference form actual combat units is less supply usage, more pilots in the group, no OP losses. more useful for the japanese, probably. guess you can access these pilots by removing/reforming the group, thereby returning the trained pilots into b) above
d) putting a combat unit on training (same as in WITP, but with higher gain of exp.)

correct?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 61
RE: MANUAL Question - AIR Team - Training Command - 7/26/2009 1:21:19 PM   
Sardaukar

About what I thought too. We'll see soon..but probably understand AE pilot training around 2010.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 62
RE: MANUAL Question - AIR Team - Training Command - 9/19/2009 12:26:45 PM   
Djordje

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

lets see if i catch on
There a four different groups of training
a) the training classes (on the right of the pilot pool screen, showing how many are in the 1-3 month class and so on. fresh recruits)

Correct. These are not trained yet and will be pulled into air groups only if you have no other pilots anywhere else. These are the pilots that are being influenced by Training Command, up to their national level (for IJN exp 35 for example).

quote:

b) the reserve pilot pool (The place pilots go to after finishing training. Here their experience reaches national average overtime. Speed of this can be beafed up with instructors (which stay here how long? 3 months? a year))

It is called Replacement pool, not Reserve pool. Reserve pool is the place where you have pilots that were already on map, historical pilots that come as replacements later, WIA pilots, training instructors and so on... Replacement pool on the other hand is just a random number generator, working inside given parameters (number of pilots in the pool, national experience to generate around it...)

quote:

c) on map training groups: coming in later in the game. useful only for training or kamikaze. Consist of what planes? Difference form actual combat units is less supply usage, more pilots in the group, no OP losses. more useful for the japanese, probably. guess you can access these pilots by removing/reforming the group, thereby returning the trained pilots into b) above

Since they are on map I would expect them to have some ops losses. The way I understand it is that only off map training has no ops losses (training classes from your a) above). Since they come on map in 1944 I have not seen them, but I suppose they will have disband option available, and as such their pilots could be returned to the pool.

quote:

d) putting a combat unit on training (same as in WITP, but with higher gain of exp.)

correct?

yes

One thing that worries me is that after all this talk about training and pilots in general, nobody mentioned that when you disband your squadrons into Reserve pool all your pilots from that squadron take around 10% experience penalty. With training being slower than before after the patch it is effectively killing the whole purpose of training and disbanding squadrons into Reserve pool to create strategic pilot reserve, and is forcing people to use old Mogami style on-map training instead.

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: MANUAL Question - AIR Team - Training Command Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI