Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: French Resolve Crumbling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: French Resolve Crumbling Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: French Resolve Crumbling - 8/21/2009 9:41:01 AM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Carl Rugenstein

LOL.

Makes the thread right there.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to Rugens)
Post #: 31
RE: French Resolve Crumbling - 8/21/2009 10:28:10 AM   
guctony

well I have to agree that Kermit was my favorite puppet and I am good at reproducing its distinct sound.

< Message edited by guctony -- 8/21/2009 10:30:33 AM >

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 32
No comment - 8/25/2009 4:44:41 AM   
guctony

No comment

quote:

2. Increase the difficulty of amphibious operations. In the era of the "Napoleonic Wars", the LARGEST British sea landing of all time (the raid on Flushing in 1809 I believe--an attempt to knock out Napoleon's second largest ship building facilities/ports/docks just north of, and including Antwerp) included a 35,000 man assault force and used 650+ ships. It was a disaster and aborted without accomplishing any of their primary goals (for various reasons). Descents on controlled coasts in the face of opposition were difficult, and really only the British had begun to master this complicated administrative task. The history of the 18th century is filled with examples of small aborted landings and expeditionary efforts. Even then, I would say that 1/3 of all attempted landings on hostile shores should be aborted outright (possible reasons: the admiral doesn't like the conditions, there is a brief landing and a decision is made that staying is impossible). Additionally, there should be limits on the numbers of troops a fleet can carry around with it. I would say the game starts (1792) with a 10,000 man limit in place for this. Players gain amphibious operations experience as they land more and more troops through the game. Amphibious operations experience is ideally a separate class of experience entirely. With this, they can upgrade the number of men they can transport to a hostile shore. Or, there is a split rating... for instance 10k/20k. The first number is the number of men who can be landed without penalty, and the second number is the number who can be landed, but with a significant penalty when disembarking into enemy territory. Perhaps the French had their rating up to a 20k/40K for the 1798 invasion of Egypt. As it is, the amphibious assault in CoG:EE is overly effective and far too assured of success, a problem which is multiplied by the fact that one can transport as many troops as one would like. Advancements would include reducing the odds of an aborted mission, increasing the number of men carried, increasing the number of men which can be landed on hostile shores.

Here is the discussion
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2215139

Expressing my feeling heartly

It turns out that capitalism requires scarcity to operate

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. BUCKMINSTER FULLER

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 33
RE: No comment - 8/25/2009 5:03:56 PM   
guctony

It seems My anchestors knew to deal with Britons Better then me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY&feature=channel
Watch and enjoy.

Regards

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. BUCKMINSTER FULLER

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 34
Monty Python - 8/25/2009 5:13:40 PM   
Rugens

A true classic !!!

Not without some similarity to the recent siege of Paris <G>.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert_McCloskey

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 35
RE: Monty Python - 8/25/2009 5:53:19 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Here's a more upto date look at Anglo french relations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zwNazFg_-Y

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Rugens)
Post #: 36
RE: Monty Python - 8/26/2009 4:08:27 AM   
guctony

quote:

A true classic !!!

Not without some similarity to the recent siege of Paris <G>.

My Dear Friend You got me on that.

Recent similarities were too annoying to remember for us. But still we stock enough Bagets and sousage for another suprise attack to Britons if they come near to walls of Paris again.

And Who knows Their recent retreat is result of such a nasty throw what ever is handy strategy.

Or maybe some chemical attack with cheese is a better tactic.

Who knows

Regards

(in reply to Rugens)
Post #: 37
RE: Monty Python - 8/26/2009 4:18:46 AM   
guctony

quote:

HiHi

Here's a more upto date look at Anglo french relations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zwNazFg_-Y

All the Best
Peter

Well we dont hate a bit as Britons hate from us like this. Their soldiers are like our soldiers now resting in French soil. They are safe and sound. Even we employ their few commanders in our corps as we deeply Respect their commanding abilities. After all making an amphibious assault on French Soil with more then one hundered Thousand Troops is a Ability we look in awe. Such a landing To French soil will not be possible more then 100 years and with a planning of 3 years we presume.

But as it is said " Easy Comes, East Goes"

Regards

Guctony
First Consul
France

< Message edited by guctony -- 8/26/2009 4:33:27 AM >

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 38
RE: Monty Python - 8/26/2009 4:32:03 AM   
guctony

But offcourse if we can Franchise Enough soldier of Briton and gain the secrets of amphibious assault in large scale. We will hope to make a suprise visit as they did to Us.
But as we are more crowded nation we hope to double the number of troops they send to us.

Not so soon but someday we hope..........

Regards

Guctony
First consul

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 39
RE: Monty Python - 9/6/2009 7:33:19 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

If I ain't replied to any Diplo stuff recently please bare with me, fraid with my present Work & Games commitments I'm feeling I'm running round like the little Dutch boy sticking my finger in Dams trying to stem the tide, it's not deliberate Bad manners on my part and I'll try to get some time cleared to respond in the near future.

But if you ain't heard from me in the next 24 hrs send me an "Oy! were's my answers then?" I won't take offence, it just may be your stuff has slipped under the Radar.

Again my apologies for any lack of communication on my part.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 40
Update - 9/16/2009 12:06:17 AM   
evwalt

Well, I believe we started the game a little over 10 weeks ago and have now made 40 turns! We have had no tech issues (like Westphalia) or personal problems that I know of. Indeed, I have enjoyed the game quite a bit so far (even that part when the French Army was whipping our British allies almost to the Danish border--which had no army to protect it. Yeah, a little sweating going on then...).

Great work to everyone!

Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 41
RE: Update - 9/16/2009 12:21:15 AM   
aprezto

I second Evwalt's comments. I thought I had the French in that little encounter, lovely moves by him to batter me out of the way. Very surprised to get the victory in Hannover.

keep it up lads.

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to evwalt)
Post #: 42
RE: Update - 9/16/2009 10:31:17 AM   
Ironclad

Agreed, enjoyable game. Impressive war in the west for all those involved and special mention for France for keeping the fight going to the end. An imperial feat surely (whatever status says).

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 43
RE: Update - 10/22/2009 11:52:21 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Sending this from work as my home land line is down ie no Internet, hopefully fixed tomorrow, Fri

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 44
RE: Update - 1/16/2010 10:11:00 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Sadley it seems this game has crashed; those of you wishing to keep topped up with a CoG fix while waiting on the new patch may care to check out the following links over at INWC, JK's game (on turn 1) may still need a Prussia.

http://nwcg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Makeyourchallengeshere&action=display&thread=3589&page=5

Scotts new game has just started recruiting

http://nwcg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Makeyourchallengeshere&action=display&thread=3657

Hope to see some of you chaps over there.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: French Resolve Crumbling Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI