Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

and some more questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> and some more questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
and some more questions... - 6/29/2009 6:36:20 PM   
sven6345789

What about the west front and the italian front? Will it be represented like in War in Russia?
Will the strategic bombing campaign be included (again like it was in War in Russia)?

< Message edited by sven6345789 -- 6/29/2009 6:37:02 PM >

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Post #: 1
RE: and some more questions... - 6/29/2009 6:51:27 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

What about the west front and the italian front? Will it be represented like in War in Russia?
Will the strategic bombing campaign be included (again like it was in War in Russia)?

The map goes to about 60-70 miles (100 or so km) west of Berlin up and to the Baltic and into part of Finland and down south to the Adriatic, so the western and Italian fronts aren't seen on the map, but you will have your hands full just managing the eastern front.

There is bombing of cities, so if you want to commit some of your airpower to this end you can. I don't know if there are plans to incorporate any of the western power air forces though.

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 2
RE: and some more questions... - 6/29/2009 7:11:51 PM   
sven6345789

in War in Russia, the western and italian fronts were represented as a box (HQ box). That was it; this HQ included all the divisions fighting there. The fronts were represented abstractly.
for example, the HQ representing the western front would first fight in Normandy, later defend the west wall, and finally the front would fall. As the German, you could influence it by withdrawing divisions from the eastern Front and placing them in the HQ box, thus increasing the staying power of the HQ and therefore delaying the inevitable.

< Message edited by sven6345789 -- 6/29/2009 7:12:14 PM >

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 3
RE: and some more questions... - 6/29/2009 7:23:11 PM   
Hard Sarge

first off, we were told to say we were testers if we tried to answer any questions, so...

one thing to remember, as we were told, this game is going to be War in the East, it is not going to be WIR II, so everything that was in WIR may not be in this one, this one is about the War in the East

now that said, the rest of the war will have effects, and needs, will drain off manpower, units and so on

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> and some more questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI