Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Viewing .srf files?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Viewing .srf files? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Viewing .srf files? - 6/23/2009 4:02:44 PM   
SuluSea

Are there any free programs via the internet that allows the user to view the .srf files?

I did some searching but must admit always nervous of spyware/adware when downloading programs.

Any help is appreaciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Viewing .srf files? - 6/23/2009 11:27:45 PM   
Unhappy

I think there is a thread about this somewhere on here...probably more than a year old though. If I recall correctly the .srf files are just image files, so they don't require any special software. However you do need to export them as bitmaps (.bmp) and then you can open them up and have a look....Just a second...

OK, do this:

- Click on Editor
- click Resources button (it is round with a little gear on it)
- the box in top left should show some directories: countries, planes, scenarios, ships. So navigate to the .srf file you are interested in (obviously this doesn't work for the scenario files)
- click on the ship/plane you are interested in and this will open up some additional boxes - you are interested in the one on the left that is titled - Resources.
- there should be a bunch of similarly named things - choose one that is prefixed by 'tex' - those are the texture (bitmap/image whatever) files. Click on it.
- now the box on the right side should be titled Texture Resource and there should be a button there for 'Extract Resource'. Click it.
- Now you have to choose where you want to save the file. I'd suggest putting it somewhere you can find it easily.

Best of luck with it.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 2
RE: Viewing .srf files? - 6/24/2009 1:40:35 PM   
SuluSea

Thanks for the assistance Unhappy, unfortunately After reading your post, doing a forum search and reading more on the same subject coupled with reading page 43 of the manual I haven't made much progress. If viewing a ship is this much trouble I can only imagine the rest of the editor will be too much of a chore as well.

Okay got it now, did a reinstall and left click on the file between 5-10 times and it opens. Thanks for the help

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 6/24/2009 2:27:20 PM >

(in reply to Unhappy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Viewing .srf files? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI